cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad Ending

Ats12

Sad Ending

As with other reviews, no loyalty at all. I am not willing to pay extra.

Additionally, I have been without broadband for eleven days and have reported this twice, no help at all. 

So I have given 20 days cancellation notice. I voiced my concern that I will not be given any broadband services until my notice period is up. No reply.

I would like the last month's fee waived as this has caused a lot of inconveniences and I will move on. I have signed up with John Lewis Broadband.

Edit Delete

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Sad Ending

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Router to Plusnet Feedback.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Ats12 

Cancelling your Plusnet service could be a big mistake! You should let the new ISP handle the transfer of service.

It’s a great pity that you did not come to this forum earlier as both your problems could well have been addressed to your satisfaction.

Are you aware that John Lewis broadband. Is supplied through Plusnet?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@Baldrick1 

I agree with what you say but this is rather a interesting case, John Lewis do not actually run a broadband service I guess they are just agents for PN.

In this case he has left PN only to rejoin PN again via john lewis assuming he goes ahead.

On that basis is it still likely to cause problems for him ?

If any problems do arise how does that work ? Is it for John Lewis to sort any problems out with PN as the contract is with JL ?

Anybody know ?

Equally is it cheaper to get a deal via a agent rather than deal with a company direct ? As this is true in the case of car insurance.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi Ats12,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving and apologise for any issues that have caused you inconvenience.

I have responded to your other post in full.

Thanks - LF

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@gleneagles 

I understand that whilst JL broadband is supplied by Plusnet the two are run as two totally separate organisations. JL have their own customer services, billing etc so they should be considered as two completely separate entities. They even use a different router.

Consequently as far as the OP is concerned this is unlikely to offset issues if the service does get cancelled. The risk is that if the contract is cancelled JL will charge for a new install, rather than a service transfer. There's also the risk that the OP will lose their phone number.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread locked in favour of https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Sad-Ending/m-p/1688299

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still