cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL Need to continually phone plusnet.

pod000
Grafter

Re: Need to continually phone plusnet.

Thank you Matt.
Never when I ordered my broadband and phone line on the 3rd of January did I expect to still be waiting in March.  Undecided
pod000
Grafter

received a further update confirming what Matt has already said. One bit of the further update does concern me though.
Due to the delays and issues with your phone order the linked fibre order we placed has not progressed. Once we have received confirmation that your phone order has completed and your line is reflecting as active within the system we shall replace a fibre order for you and we shall schedule the appointment for the earliest available in your area.

it's the schedule an appointment for the earliest available in your area. Nothing about the promised expedited installation.
I realise that this could just be an oversight but the devil is in the detail.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll be having a chat to prov this morning to get everything placed and sorted out, I can see we've confirmed the expedite on the ticket (on I believe the 18th Feb) so we'll hold our suppliers to that and make sure it happens.
I'll update you as soon as we have a date for the appointment.
pod000
Grafter

Yes Matt it was the 18th.
I'm glad ,nay ecstatic, to report that Plusnets suppliers have honoured three appointments in the space of a week (shame about the previous 10). We now have a working house phone.
Now an expedited install date of the 4th March would be the icing on the cake. Except I don't have a router yet.
I have done a bit of research and openreach usually charge £180 for an expedited fttc install. So the installation date will give an idea what Openreach are prepared to do for quite a large sum of money.

pod000
Grafter

Hello Matt or any other member of the dct.  Any update on an installation date.
pod000
Grafter

Hello Matt or any other member of the dct. 
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, not as yet I'm afraid. As I was afraid might happen the new line details haven't been updated in the line database, meaning we can't place an order against it yet. We've chased this but don't expect it to be updated until Monday I'm afraid, though we will be chasing it again first thing Monday morning if we're not able to place the order then.
pod000
Grafter

Didn't get to see your last message as I was on hold waiting for someone from provisioning to answer. My phone can only do so many things at once. I spoke to Ben who is going to phone openreach and then phone me.
If it is just that a database needs updating why can't this be done manually.
Let's hope Ben has better news.
pod000
Grafter

Matt when you say you've chased this what does that entail.
I haven't received the phone call back from Ben in Order updates. But I have just checked my questions in the help section and Ben has added an answer there. I get the distinct impression I have been lied to again. I will explain.
I phone plusnet and speak with Ben. After reading the last note Ben says he going to access the system that deals with installation appointments.
It's slow to respond and Ben apologises saying the system is down but he will phone the suppliers to see what is happening and phone me back on my mobile.
The conversation ended at 1 or 2 minutes to 4..
At 4.02 Ben writes this on the open ticket
Benjamin  - CSC Analyst
4:02pm, Friday 1 Mar 2013
Dear pod000,
I have attempted to place your Fibre order today, as your phone order now shows as complete. Unfortunately I have been unable to do this as the line is not showing as active in all systems, crucially it is not showing as active in the systems we use to place broadband orders.
I have emailed our suppliers to have this updated as soon as possible. We will await a response from them and place your order as soon as possible.
Kind regards,
Benjamin  

So in 3 or at most 4 minutes Ben manages to phone the suppliers and CHASES my problem with them whilst typing his I have tried "but the computer says no" response to my open ticket. And forgets that he said he would phone me back.
Or I was lied to and Ben didn't phone the suppliers and instead typed his response and went on to a more pressing matter.  It is Friday after all.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: STILL Need to continually phone plusnet.

I've just checked that myself and I have no reason to believe Ben didn't action that properly, it wouldn't do us (or more importantly yourself) any favors if we weren't doing that.
I'm going to ask Ben or another colleague in the provisioning team to try placing an order again ASAP for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pod000
Grafter

Adam are you saying that Ben didn't lie and he did phone the suppliers as he told me he was going to do or are you talking about the contents of his update.
I have previously accepted that the disparity between that which I have been told is happening and what actually happened could be because your  agents misinterpreted  updates received from your suppliers. This on the other hand I find most unacceptable.

pod000
Grafter

I would appreciate an answer.
pod000
Grafter

Also the latest message on my open tickets suggests that it will take a couple of days before an appointment will be given.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pod000,
Ben didn't lie, the line is now added to the database however the previous simultaneous order which we've needed to cancel is currently stuck - our provisioning agents are on the phone to our suppliers now (in fact Sam has asked me to apologise for him not calling you back at 4.30 as promised - this is because he's still on the phone to them since before then however he'll call again before 5.30).
As soon as that's cleared off we'll be placing the new order and requesting the expedited appointment, then we'll be able to confirm with you when it's all happening.
Really sorry this is still going on.
pod000
Grafter

As am I Matt as am I.  And I still think I was lied to.
I must be old fashioned because when I am told that someone is going to do something and the same person does something totally different then that person is lying.
Ie: Ben tells me that he is going to PHONE Your suppliers then PHONE me back to tell me the outcome. He then doesn't do this but instead immediately EMAILS the suppliers and doesn't PHONE me  back.  
I don't think I can make why I am annoyed any clearer.  
I have had a phone call from Sam who is going to take ownership of this debacle. (This problem has had more owners than a second hand cortina) he tells me that the current problem will take 24 hours to be fixed then I will be given an appointment (allegedly/).