Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude support

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Rude support

Just seen http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/t/4564069-cs-becoming-non-existant.html

I suggest someone needs to investigate!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
12 REPLIES 12
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Rude support

hard to give an opinion when all you see is one persons side of the story.
it's also a fair assumption that if you want to find out about a possible service then you would need to give the actual number/address, which the OP of that thread seemed to have an issue with.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I disagree. It should have been very easy to give the required information without needing further information. If you are trying to help a third party you do not want to risk that third party receiving unwanted salesmen contacting them directly.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jelv
Seasoned Hero

@chenks76 Please explain how the actual address is relevant to the cost after the 12 month contract ends! Are you suggesting that different users on the same exchange will be charged different prices?

Seems to me that sales are deliberately obscuring the facts. Some people don't like having to keep haggling/changing supplier to get a decent price which is why they want to know the cost after any introductory offers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

The sales adviser would need the address to determine the cost of the services. For example if they’re connected to a Market 1 Exchange then as you know it’s more expensive. Sad
Providing a quote based on a different address of the OP of that thread, wouldn’t be accurate for that potential customer.

Anoush
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

It would be wrong to assume that all lines on the same STD code are on the same exchange in the same market banding I recently arranged a property move for one of my referrals. Different properties on the same street had different service levels available to them and that was in an urban setting.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

It's an absolute doddle for someone to determine if two numbers are on the same exchange: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If the advisor had had more than one brain cell they could have prefixed their replay with "Assuming you are correct and your friend is on the same exchange..." and given him the required information. Hell, they could even of asked how they knew he was on the same exchange!

@Gandalf I'll ask you the same question as I asked chencks76: Are you suggesting that different users on the same exchange will be charged different prices?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jelv wrote:@Gandalf I'll ask you the same question as I asked chencks76: Are you suggesting that different users on the same exchange will be charged different prices?

No, we'd just like to provide accurate info. But it does sound like the adviser could have handled the call better. If the customer contacts us via the usual support channels we can get the call listened to and pass feedback on where required.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@jelv,

That web page only works for phone numbers not with LLU providers.  Frankly this is a no win argument ... if PN were not precise and provided incorrect information someone is going to squeal.  PN seeking the precise location causes someone to squeal because they have asked for "personal" information.  What do people actually want - precision or guess work?

As I noted in my previous post, I recently sought to have a new line installed in a property which had no serviceable line (therefore no phone number to look up).  Service availability by post code alone gave ambiguous details on service availability (both FTTC & FTTP) - only by adding the house number was it clear which of the two fibre products were available at that address.  I am sure that in such circumstances you'd be miffed if PN said FTTP is available, when (as it turned out) it was not.  Sorry but house number can be essential in confirming service availability - some streets / roads are very long and some post codes cover a large area.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I do agree that this is a difficult situation. The problem is that if you are ringing several providers to get a quote for some-one else there is a significant risk that, having all the contact details, a salesperson from one or more of the companies will ring the person you are trying to help directly and potentially cause all sorts of 'slamming' type problems.

Surely the answer would be for PN to explain the problem and give prices for the options?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jelv
Seasoned Hero

@Gandalf wrote:
If the customer contacts us via the usual support channels we can get the call listened to and pass feedback on where required.

You need to post that invitation to the original poster on thinkbroadband.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've passed this on to the relevant team.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just to follow up on here. We’ve since picked the thread up and responded to the customer.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet