cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish experience trying to get a new line at new home.

rosehearty

Rubbish experience trying to get a new line at new home.

I'm a loyal plusnet customer since 2004. I have moved house about 5 times with their service and always it has been plain sailing. But today, after having requested a home move on 13-09-12 and still (9-11-12) having nil service (not even a phone line) I am seriously considering giving them the flick.
When I placed my order on 13-sep I was told that there wasn't a line connected at my new house and so a BT engineer was required to visit (the earliest BT engineer was 7th November !!! And this cost £50). Wasn't really happy about that, but didn't seem like many other options, and seeing as Plusnet are at the mercy of BT Open Reach there didn't seem much mileage in trying other options.
On Weds 7th Nov, as arranged an engineer DID turn up! Thought I was home and dry. He came in, unscrewed the existing socket, faffed around for a bit, then disappeared for about 2 hours, (leaving his tracing device connected to the socket). He came back, reported everything was done but there was some work to do at the exchange that would happen either that evening or the next morning.
Thursday morning - nothing, not even a dial tone. I call Plusnet who say that the engineer DENIES having been into the property - apparently he says I wasn't in! Complete rubbish, I was in ALL day working from home, and not only that but he actually entered the property TWICE! I'm just gob smacked.
It gets a bit worse. Plusnet have not exactly been as helpful as I'd have hoped in resolving this.  I'm left not knowing what is happening, when a BT engineer will actually come and bother to install a line. I'm still paying every month for a service I'm not receiving.
Just absolutely unbelievable.
This forum is my last hope !!!!!
George.
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Rubbish experience trying to get a new line at new home.

Obviously this requires a response from Plusnet Digital Care Team staff who have full access to information on your account. However they do not work weekends so it is likely to be Monday before they will respond.
Hope this gets moved forward more constructively then.
David
David
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Have you phoned up and demanded a refund for the time you haven't had service, a credit to your bank, not to your PN account, and don't let them tell you it can't be done!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about how long this is taking but I can see it's in hand with both the provisioning and complaints teams who I assure you will get this resolved as quickly as possible and will also make sure you're credited or refunded for the time you've been without service. We'd normally wait until the service is provided before issuing a refund or credit as that way we know how long and therefore how much to apply/refund but if you wish I'll happily arrange for a refund for the time so far?
rosehearty

Matt, hi, had a note from Chris Hunter today saying that BT are coming on the 15th..... won't hold my breath ! But will get photographic evidence of the engineer arriving this time plus his name.
Still find it a totally bizarre situation.
Regards the refund, it's OK to hold off sorting that until everything is up and running. Many thanks George
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Likewise thanks very much, hopefully everything will be sorted out on Thursday and we'll get the refund issued to you then.
Hornblower135

So similar to my problem.
Clearly BT open reach has (please excuse the pun) over reached itself.
My experience with BT broadband meant that in my last house I chose plusnet.  For 7 months fine - then I purchased a new house and BT engineers completely messed up the installation - actually connecting to a sky line.  The threatened wait till after Christmas to resolve is beyond a joke. Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear that, but likewise your issue is in hand with the Complaints team who will be addressing this daily. We are chasing our suppliers for you and will advise as soon as we have any information regarding progress.