cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish Service

reader
Dabbler

Rubbish Service

openreach were supposed to call today between 8am and 1 pm, been getting texts this morning with supposed progress.  Just had a text saying job has been completed and they havnt even been yet and the line is still faulty.  needless to say having reorganised this morning for this visit i am not happy
whats more you ignore message on fault  notifications (# 117351196) and there is 30 minutes waiting on phone to your call centre
Time to move I think away from bt and plusnet
4 REPLIES 4
roberto2212
Grafter

Re: Rubbish Service

same like me...bad company
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Unless you can get Virgin Media you cannot move away from BT OPENREACH who all ISPs are reliant on for fixing faults and attending appointments.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

neilhanmer1
Dabbler

to make matters worst -if the engineer visted and could not gain access you would have been charged £50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad
reader
Dabbler

There is another option other than Virgin to get away from BT  - Its called MiFi (4G)[ (via3) and whats more speeds are a lot quicker than via BT/Plusnet for the telephone side one can use a mobile.
My own MiFi router happens to be a 3G version but its still quicker than the landline and will take as many devices as the Thompson Router.
Regarding the visit from openwoe.  The day they were supposed to come and text informed me Job Complete a phone call to the Plusnet guys found out that they had been refused admission which was a downright lie as there had only been 1 van down our close that day and I dont think openwoe sell fridges (to a neighbour) from a van with Currys/PCWorld plastered all over it. 
The Plusnet guys had to rearrange another visit days later and job was found to be a broken cable further down the close
Its a pity that the PN guys, who I have found helpfull have to take the flack for the gross inefficient workings of openreach whom they have no control over