cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router

Wimpywoo
Grafter

Router

I was wondering if plus net has any plans for a new modern router in the near distant future? Maybe a nice sleek designer one? Thanks Smiley Cool
6 REPLIES 6
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Router

The current Sagemcom 2704n was only launched a few months ago ( toward end of January ) so i doubt anything new will be coming along soon.
Regards
Mike 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Wimpywoo
Grafter

Thank you for your reply, so there's a different one to what we've got ? we have the Technocolour one .
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Yes the Sagemcom 2704n replaced the Technicolor 582n
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Wimpywoo
Grafter

If you don't mind me asking , why did it get replaced ? Not that it matters anymore because we will be cancelling because we are moving and its Way too many problems for my liking.Many thanks
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

There are a number of benefits to this router, but I think its easier for customer upgrading from adsl to fibre as both work without the need to change the router (just a setting).
You mention numerous problems, but I've only seen two threads from you - this and the IP address question. If you'd care to expand in the relevant forum, we'll be able to advise further.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The TG582n that you already have Wimpywoo is a much more capable modem/router than the 2704n, but requires some technical know-how if customised setups are required. The 2704n is very much "locked-down" and there are a number of basic things that are virtually impossible to do in a simple way.
What exactly do you wish to achieve? It would be worth pointing out that changing your modem/router would have absolutely no effect on any of the issues that you have had (or may even see in the future) based on the posts you have so far made on this forum.