Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router service issue

FIXED
aledlewis1
Dabbler

Router service issue

Hi,

Since it seems I can't e-mail, I thought I'd post this on here if only to register my annoyance. My broadband stopped working thirteen days ago. I called support who diagnosed a fault with the router. I can't complain about the service I received there, and it seems the diagnosis was correct. The representative said a new router could be dispatched if I paid postage, to which I agreed. The representative told me "you'll probably get it tomorrow, but it might be the day after".

Thirteen days later it still has not arrived. Frustrated with the lack of connectivity at home I actually went and bought a router myself. This has worked and my broadband is now functioning normally again. The annoying part is having to pay for postage which was clearly by a service that did not even guarantee delivery, much less in a timely manner.

I suggest to plusnet that you need to review your procedure in this area and see if it meets the standard you aim to provide. A refund of the postage fee would also be nice, but I won't hold out hope.

Thanks for reading.
Aled
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Router service issue

Fix

Hi Aled,

I'm very sorry the router hasn't arrived yet. I've ordered another one so even though you've bought your own you'll have a spare should you ever need it. I've also refunded the postage back to you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
aledlewis1
Dabbler

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your prompt and helpful response. I'm happy with that piece of good service. 🙂

Aled
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

No problem at all Aled, glad to help

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
aledlewis1
Dabbler

Another week has gone by, still no router. My address on the account is right. I'm starting to suspect there's a local postman making a nice black market profit on stolen routers. It's not a problem since I'm all working now, just odd. 🤷‍♂️
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I like to think it's just lost in the post. Roll_eyes

It looks like the component on the account may be stuck as the router is stuck in the awaiting processing stage. As a gesture of goodwill, I've sent you the Hub One which is an all-in-one router with a combined modem.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The issue here is that staff have mistakenly placed an order for a router that is no longer stocked. I'll look into putting measures in place to prevent that from happening.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

aledlewis1
Dabbler

Ah, that explains it. Thanks Gandalf and Bob!