cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router delivery

Grff
Grafter

Router delivery

Just queried my fibre progress as haven't had any info, and was told everything is normal and the router was sent today. It should be with me in 3-5 days.
That's great, although it's cutting it close as the engineer turns up in three days. My post is also delivered in the PM.
Should PlusNet be timing routers for a couple of days before, not chancing it for the date the engineer is due?
Hopefully it will turn up before the engineer and not day 4 or 5
10 REPLIES 10
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Router delivery

They usually turn up in plenty of time.  The package should fit through a normal letterbox so you shouldn't get one of those little cards from the post office.
A few users find the performance (wi-fi in particular) of the TG582n a bit poor (though others find it very good),
I personally recommend investing in a decent router particularly if you want any of the features not provided by the basic ISP supplied ones.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Griff,
Your router has been dispatched, so you'll should receive that any day. It seems to work best sending them a couple of days prior to install no plans to change anything.
Let me know how your install goes.
Grff
Grafter

Thanks for the reply (and to the ticket) Chris.
NedLudd
Grafter

Quote from: w23
They usually turn up in plenty of time.  The package should fit through a normal letterbox so you shouldn't get one of those little cards from the post office.
A few users find the performance (wi-fi in particular) of the TG582n a bit poor (though others find it very good),
I personally recommend investing in a decent router particularly if you want any of the features not provided by the basic ISP supplied ones.

As I've said before, the package doesn't fit through a standard letter plate. I have 3 letter plates in my house, one brand new and 2 others in (10 year old) plastic doors. None will accept the router!
Geoff,
York.
w23
Pro

Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead anyone.  Others have posted here that it has fitted through their letterbox and I know the previous TG585 definitely fitted through mine (very similar size router, on the 585 they used a special 2-part mains adapter to get it in a smaller box).  I can't personally confirm or deny your findings on the TG582n as that's one router I've never had.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
prichardson
Grafter

The box used for dispatch follows conventional standards for the length and width. The width is well under that of most standard letter boxes. The height of the box is only slightly greater than the standard.
We do recognise that the box is not going to fix through all letter boxes though, but to make it such would be quite impractical.
At one time, the box we shipped in certainly would not fit through any letter box and this indeed caused a lot of problems. These days, it is more the exception of when this happens and a Sorting Office or Postoffice collection would be needed..
mushy
Grafter

I thought our letterbox was pretty standard but it wouldn't fit through it, had to collect it from the local sorting office.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I guess no-one was in when your postie called.
Edit: you could always leave a note on the door for any mail that won't fit through the letterbox to be left with a neighbour - in fact that's standard practise now with royal mail, we had a leaflet recently.
Grff
Grafter

Hi guys.
Seems the router turned up today, and fit through the letter box ok it seems. Well, it was hanging in it.
Seems the 3-5 days was actually 2.  Thanks.
Now to decide if I'm going to use this one, or get a netgear one.
w23
Pro

If you order one from a supplier with a 'no quibbles' returns policy you could try both then decide.  Wink
Call me 'w23'