Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router delivery & text

PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

Router delivery & text

Hi
Router delivered this morning, less then 10 minutes later I get a text saying the router is in the post  Grin
Maybe in the future the text needs to be sent out to customers a bit earlier like when the router actually leaves the depot  Wink
Lee
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Router delivery & text

I suspect that as the router is despatched from a central warehouse (not run by Plusnet) Plusnet send out the text on receipt of a dispatch notification from the warehouse.
As this probably goes to accounts who, I think , only work office hours  they would pick it up on the morning after dispatch  and if the Post Office are rather more efficient than usual then both could arrive the same day/
It will be interesting to see how correct or not this supposition is  Undecided
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hey there,
It's also possible that the text message was sent during "curfew hours" i.e. late at night, and was queued up to be sent first thing in the morning.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Matt.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In my case the service notices (closed tickets on my account https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search) showing bar-code scanning and router dispatch occurred at 11:09PM and the router was delivered by the postman the following day. Since, as Matt mentioned, texts are not sent at night, by the time the systems have caught up text receipt and delivery might well occur within a short time if delivery is early in the day.
David