cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Failure

thebrewingman

Router Failure

Just wanted to thank the help line for the assistance they gave me this morning when I could not connect to the internet.  They were spot on - router failure.  A new one has sorted the problem.
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Router Failure

Thanks very much for the feedback, glad it got sorted and that our team were able to help Smiley
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I wonder how long it will take for PN to upgrade the "free" router that they insist on inflicting on their customers. It must cost a fortune in postage sending out the replacements. It's the only chink in PN's otherwise faultless armour.
If anyone needs one I've both PN ADSL & Fibre routers gathering dust in the cupboard.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

For the cost of postage, of course  Grin Grin
Don't forget, if you do dispose of them, to get Plusnet to "de-register" them from your account. If they were to be used on a line with a Plusnet realm, they could be logging to account  otherwise!
Nacho
Grafter

Anotherone - i had wondered about this but could you explain a bit more to a layman like myself... when plusnet send out the router, is it set up for the user already? Or is it just at the point that the user plugs it all in that it automatically puts the users account (user@plusdsl.com and password) on it?
Anotherone
Champion

Yes, the TR-069 system will put the details in when you plug it into a line that can use Plusnet.
Nacho
Grafter

Thanks. I take it that only works with the plusnet branded routers. How complicated is it to set up your own router? On one of plusnets help pages it says its just a case of entering your username and password but on another it says you're best off using their router unless your 'technically minded' which makes it sound tricky to set your own up.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

As long as you can find where to enter your user name and password it's very straightforward with the vast majority of routers.
Most UK supplied routers will default to suitable settings for BT based ADSL.
If there's any difficulty then there's plenty of help here.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion

No it's not only Plusnet that use it. There's a lot of people that haven't got a clue, that's why the TR-069 system was invented. But for those with a bit of a technical know how it's fairly straight forward.