Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling contracts

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Rolling contracts

When your contract/discount ends you'd move to the standard price for the product (which you would have been made aware of at the start of the contract). We don't normally contact people about this.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

So as OP said you will just remove discounts and put me on the standard  contract price without any consent ?

Personally i would say this is very bad customer service Ticked_off

And as OP said i myself would find it hard to remember what was said over a phone call 18 month ago !

My mobile provider O2 i have 3 mobiles Smiley  regularly send me offers for updated contracts when one is close to its end so why cant PN ?Huh

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Consent was given when the contract was entered into.  "£X for y months then £z there after" simples!

Is you remembering any different to you remembering when your mot is due?

I think you'll find that those industries which aggressively offer new deals in the closing weeks of your existing contract are all fixed term contracts.  When the contract finishes, the service ceases.  PlusNet's model is an introductory offer to a rolling contract having a minimum (not fixed) term.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

rongtw wrote:

i myself would find it hard to remember what was said over a phone call 18 month ago !

You would also have received all the details in a confirmation email, at the start of any new contract period.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Townman ,, whats a MOT   i dont  ever check for it ,, i dont have a car Cheesy

While i agree with what you say , i am not on a introductory contract , i have been here since 2010 Thumbs_Up

But i would have prseumed that PN would like me to stay , so offer some incentive for long standing customers rather that just pop me on a standard contract if i dont do anything ,, or at least keep me on the present contract price

Mav
Fixes: 515

Wouldn't PN actively contacting customers towards the end of their contracts involve extra costs thereby reducing the offers that may be available?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

An automatically generated email?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I suspect that would need a new billing / CRM system. Funny

As noted elsewhere today, the current system does not even have the ability to suspend automated nagging once an account in debt has been agreed to have a justifiable dispute, so automated emails at the end of the discount period is a big ask!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Will the new billing system we are waitng  for Knuppel  fix this Cheesy

Anonymous
Not applicable

townman wrote:

As noted elsewhere today, the current system does not even have the ability to suspend automated nagging once an account in debt has been agreed to have a justifiable dispute, so automated emails at the end of the discount period is a big ask!

I've alway thought it astonishing that Plusnet can't even keep VMBU working reliably, when that is the basis of billing customers who are not on 'unlimited' products !

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@rongtw wrote:
But i would have prseumed that PN would like me to stay , so offer some incentive for long standing customers

While we don't guarantee to contact every existing customer, we do sometimes contact customers who are out of contract/nearing the end of their contract, we do contact customers (Providing they are opted in for marketing comms) with offers.

@rongtw wrote:
or at least keep me on the present contract price

The contract price does stay the same and wouldn't increase without comms advising of a price increase. The discounts simply expire after the advised period.

For example, if there are 12 months of discounts applied on an 18 month contract, the cost wouldn't go up at the end of the 18 months, but the discounts would still stop after 12 months.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet