cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling contracts

beltanefire5

Rolling contracts

Has anyone else been caught out by the  end of contact  surprise. My contract of 2 years ended but as with most people I expected that I would be contacted about resigning or to discuss details  Not so with PlusNet they just whacked extra charges on my bill and when I asked about this was told they would of mentioned this  2 years ago at the3 start of =the contract. How many of us remember  something mentioned 2 years ago .Would  it be too much for PlusNet to send out an e mail to remind you???? O r is it a deliberate ploy to make some extra money I was lucky as I was in the UK and have noticed the rise in bill. I dread to think if as happens I was away in Africa out of  internet contact how many months of  this  large extra cost would go out of my account So much for customer service!!!

25 REPLIES 25
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Rolling contracts

Does seem a bit "off".... especially when they send out a "reminder" about them taking the payment every month... 

Not sure if that is a reminder,..... "just to let you know".... or a WARNING... to make sure you have enough in your bank account to cover it... Shocked

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Actually that's a good point shutter Wink

Welcome to the forum @beltanefire5

Did you notice the increased cost because it came out of your bank account or notice it in the reminder email? If you didn't get an email reminder, check your email address is up-to-date here.

Because the system knows your contract has ended, you'd have thought they would have used that to generate an automated email message about that, and the new costs Roll_eyes

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Eventually ,, member center is Very SLOOOOOOOW tonight and it took ages to find where my present contract length is hidden Crazy2 Only way to find it was to click Product change ??  why not put renew date on my account setting ?Huh

Anyhow i check i have 3 month left so i hope they send me a Email to remind me !

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anotherone wrote:

Did you notice the increased cost because it came out of your bank account or notice it in the reminder email?

Assuming the "reminder email" you are talking about is the monthly Billing Notification (which arrives 3 days prior to payment) that email DOES NOT state what the charges will be, however the "Billing Notice" (Invoice) which arrives after payment is taken, does.

I agree that it would be preferable if an email was sent to notify when special/introductory discounts are coming to an end, and preferably a few weeks before the last billing at the special/introductory rate so that there is enough time to renegotiate the future re-contract (or otherwise).

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Well thank you all - prompted by this topic I have just checked and I found that my contact ends 28th of this month.

No reminder yet - will have to contact COTS and see what they'll do to keep me under-contract! Knuppel

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who would be your first choice destination ISP (and package) if the Plusnet retention offer isn't good enough ?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Have not thought that far out of the envelope! Buck2

I'm working on the basis that I will get an acceptable deal!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Don't know if this will help anyone, but with all my service providers (power/insurance/ISP &c), I  keep a copy the email in a special folder AND have a 'sticky' set to pop up 3 or 4 weeks before the contract end, which serves to remind I need to do something ASAP.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Townman wrote:

Have not thought that far out of the envelope! Buck2

I'm working on the basis that I will get an acceptable deal!

Don't you think you can negotiate a better deal if you have the details of a far better deal elsewhere ?

I'm wondering what Plusnet will offer when my local fixed-wireless ISP finally installs a local wireless repeater, as Plusnet will have to try and match a package with NO MONTHLY LINE RENTAL !

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We'd give the best deal we could, sometimes we simply can't match others out there though.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it disappointing that Plusnet are unable to request that "their supplier" upgrade my exchange.

Being on 6.8Mpbs 20CN ADSL and sharing the connection between four people is getting unbearable.

BDUK say my exchange might be upgraded in two years time, but no plans for my EO line.

I'm being forced to look at alternatives like fixed-wireless because ADSL speeds are intolerable.

If Plusnet 80/20 fibre was available, I would sign-up today.

If Plusnet didn't charge the Market-A line premium, I would consider adding a second ADSL line.

Even an upgrade to 21CN would be enough to make me stay, but no sign of that either.

When fixed-wireless does arrive, I'm faced with a difficult decision having been with Plusnet for 17 years.

beltanefire5

They told me categorically they do not send reminder e mails The choice is they put you on  nasic charge (high) or cut you off

beltanefire5

THEY DONT SEND REMINDERS  that's the whole point  of my complaint  They said they told me 2 years ago at the start of the contract  (allegedly) that it is the clients responsibility to check and  contact them for a new deal Now Im stuck with a £50-60  a month charge

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

So If i forget my contract has ended would PN contact me or just continue taking payments  ?Huh

PN staff care to answer Wink

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .