cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridicolously long wait to get this service.

LtdEdFred
Grafter

Re: Ridicolously long wait to get this service.

I'm wondering if the special delivery guys know where London is. Is there one in Wales too perhaps? It feels like I'm living in a third world country with a underdeveloped postal system when special delivery takes longer than normal mail.
CharlieSmirke
Dabbler

Re LtdEdFred - I thought it was bad that I had to wait 8 days for my router, but thats nothing compared to your plight mate. As for Plusnet , from day one of my contacts with them, I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing and the communication between different departments when issues get passed on is not good.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Special delivery means that the router should reach you today at the very latest LtdEdFred. Can you please let me know if it doesn't?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LtdEdFred
Grafter

How should I alert you? The last time you told me to tell you I wrote in both the forums and in my help assistant, but you said you hadn't heard from me.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Please send me a personal message, that will alert me if needed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LtdEdFred
Grafter

I reckon you referred to a PM on the forums? I sent you one yesterday... (ie. no router)....
LtdEdFred
Grafter

While I'm sitting here waiting I would just like to ask because not knowing what is happening is for me much worse than waiting in vain. If there is a specific reason for this delay I'd be much happier knowing this reason instead of sitting here thinking that the postal system actually requires two weeks to get a small parcel from Yorkshire (or wherever the storage is) to Central London. Are you out of stock? Has it been sent to a different address?
I have now been sick for the last 4 days and just sitting about at home just makes this wait so much worse since spending the better part of the time inside just increase to my grievance over not having a proper internet connection.

Edit: One more thing: Is there a specific make and model of a router that I can get from elsewhere that will work? Or does your routers have some sort of dechiphering code so that only they will work?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

LtdEdFred,
I'm really sorry to hear that the router hasn't reached you. I have confirmation from our warehouse (which is a little further up north from Sheffield) and your original item was dispatched. The one I sent our has been confirmed as received and signed for. Could you please let me know if deliveries are checked by a reception desk or security of any kind at your specified delivery address?
Plan C I guess then :(, I'm going to suggest that you purchase your own router, if you agree to go down this route we will cover the cost by crediting with discounts from your future bills.
Edit: One more thing: Is there a specific make and model of a router that I can get from elsewhere that will work? Or does your routers have some sort of dechiphering code so that only they will work?

No, any ADSL 2+ compatible router should be fine, please take a look at this support library article which should help give you some guidance:
http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/adsl2-hardware/
Any questions please let me know.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LtdEdFred
Grafter

How can this be possible?
I do not have a fancy reception desk, security, doorman or any of the likes. What I do have is my own (working) doorbell and my own separate mailbox so I find it's very strange that someone else have signed for this. As I said I've also been sick the last days so I've been home for the better part of the day with my cellphone turned on all the time (if that counts for anything).
Which company do you use for special delivery (I'm guessing it's this router that has been signed for)? What are their procedure for delivering parcels? If living in the same building as the person the parcel is addressed to suffice they should really revise their policy. Is there any way that you can find out who signed for it?
I'll jump to router hunting straight away.  Thanks for the advice. You've been a great help in this, Adam.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

IMHO trouble is that signed for does not mean very much, as per this
This is done by obtaining a signature from the delivery address, though not necessarily that of the addressee in person.
taken from Consumer Direct.
The same applies to coutiers
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...and the electronic device used to obtain the signature is not very easy to write on meaning the signature is not very accurate.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LtdEdFred
Grafter

Well. Thats too bad.
Anyway, I have now ordered a router (even though my experience with the postal system has been far from great lately Tongue but the internet has a far bigger range than what I'd expect to find in a store). I was advised by some internet buddies not to skimp on a router (after all right after the water heater it is the most important piece of electricity in the house Wink ). but since I wasn't given a budget I just ordered it since I simply didn't wan't to wait any longer. Do I send you the receipt or how do we go about with this?
LtdEdFred
Grafter

My trust in the UK postal system have somewhat been restored.  I ordered the router in the late evening on the 23rd and it arrived at my house an hour ago. Bravo. Too bad I'm in school for a few more hours.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

LtdEdFred,
Please mail us a copy of the receipt, if you don't want to use the postal service then a scanned copy of this would be fine as an attachment on a query raised from our website.
Either way please address it to me and I'll ensure its dealt with correctly.
Let us know how things go with the service when you get going, otherwise let me know if you have any unanswered questions or concerns.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LtdEdFred
Grafter

I have now uploaded a scanned copy of the receipt to the ticket I've raised. Since I don't know how to direct it to you I'm letting you know here Wink
Thanks for all your help Adam. You've truly been the only light in the Plusnet tunnel. A few days into the experience at least I don't have anything to complain except that I find it very peculiar that you limit the connection at certain times throughout the day, but it's no biggy.