cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response times for residential support.

dgarratt
Grafter

Response times for residential support.

Back in June I requested a line speed change, which I'm still struggling with. I don't have a problem with Plusnet as such, as I know that 90% of everything ends up with BT these days anyway.
HOWEVER - I simply hate having to go the bottom of the call queue each time they say something has been done - then I find out that it's still wrong, call them back and have to wait another 3 days for another update, which in turn is passed to BT which may not be actioned for another 3 days.
My call is  ID: 34180674  and this is the second call number - the 1st one was closed and a new one opened when it was passed to "provisioning" - so I've been waiting since the start of June now.
Compared to my Plusnet Business account, management of this residential account - well - sucks !
Sorry - that's my feedback.
Dave
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Response times for residential support.

Hi dgarratt,
I'm sorry you feel that residential support isn't up to standard. Without any disrespect to our residential teams it must be more evident when you also have business accounts as the business team do put in a very high level of support.
I can see that our faults teams have been responding here and like you say on an average of around 3 days which is the expectation we do try and set from the off when a fault is raised to us. I can see in some cases that we have been proactive and have picked up the phone to update you. However from what you say and what I can see on the ticket that doesn't seem to have happened in each instance so I will feed this straight back to the relevant people making it clear that by not doing so it is causing customer dissatisfaction (as is evident by you making this post).
So from that I hope that you do see some improvement from here as every bit of feedback does count, more importantly I will be asking for your ticket to be looked at as a priority.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dgarratt
Grafter

I got a call yesterday from someone who suggested that my £200 Draytek was not compatible and I should try the Thompson instead. I reluctantly agreed to try it. I say reluctantly as I've had much better speeds from the same modem and line in the past and my business line runing on the exact same model of router and firmware is literally running at twice the speed.
Anyway so last night I put a slave (bridged) modem on the router and disabled the inbuilt modem.
I called the helpdesk today only to be told that they cannot see any line stats on the 21CN network and it would have to be passed through to the faults team.
Can I speak to the faults team ? No
Can you speak to the faults team ? No
I've been told I'm on a ADSL1 connection via the 21CN - however according to the help desk I'm still on ADSL2 - can you explain why this is and what my connection is actually set to - No ?
So anyway - back to the end of the 3 days queue again !
Seriously if I take a ticket at the deli counter and wait my turn - I don't expect to have to go to the end of the queue after asking for the 1st item on my list.
This is taking WAY TOO LONG !
Dave
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dgarratt,
The line was moved to ADSL1 in order to stabilise the connection as the line had a 56dB loop loss when on ADSL2+ and ended up with a banded profile. When the fault is fixed there won't be a problem with moving you back, assuming that the stats improve (they should do).
I'm sorry for the delay, there should be an update on your ticket shortly.
dgarratt
Grafter

What I actually asked for was a move back to the 20CN network, however I am still with 21CN (ADSL1) - not sure the difference - but there obviously is one.
Last night with the alternate router my connection was so slow I did the BT Speed Tester website thing and it told me my IP Profile was 135k !!!! and then told me my download throughput was 265k !! ODD dont you think.
I rebooted the router and repeated the test and the IP Profile change to 1mb (previously the all time low have been around 1.25mb)
To cap it all the Plusnet Line Speed tell me is 21 mb - errr right - I wish.
At the end of the day my 2nd line (Business Option 3) is running steady as a rock at 2.5mb (SNR 6) over 2.5 times as fast and more stable.
Dave
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

dgarratt,
We would not want you to expect that 21Cn would mean slower speeds if it does that would be more likely due to a fault with the service than how it should be operating.
So we can continue to go down the fault router or alternatively if you want to proceed with a move back to 20CN we can do that but in the long term you might not get the very best out of your line by doing so.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dgarratt
Grafter

I'll leave you to decide the best course of action. Just to recap I have 2 x Draytek 2820N's on 2 identical lines (separate cables to the same telephone pole).
1 line is an Business Option 3  which gets 800k upload 2.5 mb download (2828k sync speed) - 20CN ADSL1
1 line is a residential Plusnet Pro 21CN (opinions vary on if it's ADSL1 or ASDL2+) which gets 600k upload 1mb download (1200 sync speed).
As mentioned before in my call 34180674  the BT IP Profile is all over the place, last night it said 135k download speed, then after a reboot it said 1mb. Plusnet Profile says 21mb.
It's just this 3 day email ping pong between steps which is driving me nuts at the moment.
Thanks
Dave
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We do have a fault report logged with our suppliers at present so I would recommend going down that road first. I can see that we have passed the ticket back to you a few days which I can understand may be annoying but unfortunately this does sometimes have to be done when we need to make you aware of something or ask for additional information.
I have asked our faults team to take another look at your ticket so I'll make sure you get updated.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dgarratt
Grafter

Well I'm still waiting. Shouldn't the priority of calls be weighted by the time they have been open rather then the time since the last reply ?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi dgarratt ,
Shouldn't the priority of calls be weighted by the time they have been open rather then the time since the last reply ?

Faults are prioritised on a basis of how long they have been open with us. Our faults team do have a high workload for a number of reasons at present but I will ask someone to have another look at this today for you.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dgarratt
Grafter

I see the last update on my call is now requesting that I have another BT visit. That will be 9 visits in 2-3 months. All I need is the SNR target changing - why the visit. The line has been so slow due to the SNR being wrong for ages now and I've had enough. My Business Account is fine and I get quality responses and help. But this residential line has been a nightmare and getting it sorted - well life is too short.
I've had enough paying for a line which is under performing - can some contact me re cancellation. I've requested the same on my ticket - breath not held.
Dave
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Dave,
We are sorry that you feel this way. I have been an agent on business support in the past and after going through your fault notes I am confident that business would have also recommended an engineer visit at this stage.
If you are wishing to cancel we would need to request that you give our customer options team a call on 0845 140 6002.
Alternatively if you would like me as an experienced agent to take ownership over your fault I will volunteer myself for that.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team