cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required, explanation of PN use of tickets system

amcclean
Rising Star

Required, explanation of PN use of tickets system

I have an intermittant issue with dropped net connection my line re-syncs but the internet does not come back on.
Pn have, while i was on the phone undertaken tests of my line while everything was working.
On TWO occasions while the line is down, but still sync'ed, I have notified PN that the net part of the line was down and requested if a test could be undertaken while in the fault state. The first CS agreeded to test the line. No tests were done and despite being asked NO notes of the call were added to the ticket. Date 2nd Feb.
Tonight after I believed the issue had resolved it returned. I called and spoke to a CS who advised that they would put the line through to the faults team and were currently updating the ticket after I requested them to do so. 1.5 hrs later my ticket has not been updated.
Specific details were agreed with the CS to help confirm the lines status. At present this does not appear to have been recorded.
Is it standard practice that ALL correspondance is recorded in real time. Are calls writen up there and then as tonights CS assured me he was currently doing so while we where the line or are they writen up hrs after the call from crib notes or memory.
As far as I am aware my only record of what was agreed between myself and PN are the tickets. Are tickets or notes added that customers are not party to if so could they confirm the agreement made bwteeen myself and the CS agent.
Regards,
Frustrated and confused podman
Ticket ID: 31846000
18 REPLIES 18
Mand
Grafter

Re: Required, explanation of PN use of tickets system

Hi there,
There's a record of the conversation this evening on ticket 31952426. You can see this via closed tickets on your account.
I've got someone looking at your fault now.
amcclean
Rising Star

Cheers,
I see this ticket now but was unaware that it was added to a newly created ticket. I have ticket selection on open tickets rather than closed. I also see that the previous call which I believed was also unrecorded was included as yet another new ticket and subsequently closed. I had expected that all calls and correspondance would be appended to the current ticket  (31846000)  Hence the reason for my confusion.
Thankyou for helping sort out the mystery. Appologies about presuming my contacts had been unrecorded but as mentioned I did not expect to have new tickets open and closed with some of my calls.
Regards,
Podman
Mand
Grafter

Agents are required to log all calls (but this is usually done as a closed ticket), it's also likely that the agents you spoke to would have been in an internal IM conversation with a faults agent at the time.
Your line is currently up, so a test would likely show no fault, however I'll get one of our faults agents to have a good look tomorrow and advise where we go from here.
amcclean
Rising Star

Cheers Mand,
My appologies I believed that all notes were added sequentially. I will now look through closed tickets as well. My line only tends to be affected after from sometime after 4pm.

Regards,
Podman
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your last connection was for near 22 hours so it's looking quite stable, I'm happy to get some more line tests run on this if you continue seeing the same symptoms again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
amcclean
Rising Star

Hi,
My Line died just after you last post. I am going to try a thrid router tomorrow and have my other half check the times of the street light.
I tried to connect the bt test domain but i had to reboot my router so it is now back online.
it always appears to die sometime after 4pm.
I realise lines are probably tested in order of being submitted and when thy are taken out of the pool. Is there anyway to take the ticket out of the pool and try tests after 5 say. I do not get home some days until I believe most of people able to undertake the tests may have gone home. I should be home by 5:15 on Wed so i will try and contact then.

Chris
Legend

I'm here until 5.30 (ish), normally a bit after that. I'll run the tests this evening before I go and paste the results on the ticket when they are done.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
amcclean
Rising Star

HI Cheers,
I have now tried a thrid router which i am on at the minute. nI set it up it synced but could not get online to gett he time etc. I called CS who could not see it listed as being connected to the radius. I re-booted and it worked. Thrid router different filter and in new faceplate.
Chris
Legend

Sorry, these tests completely slipped my mind last night due to the outage I posted service status updates on. I'll test tonight.
Chris
Legend

Before I do the testing on your line, I checked our RADIUS server and it's showing as stable for over 24 hours now. I'll give it a few more minutes before testing to see if it drops.
Chris
Legend

First look shows the SNR is nice and healthy still at 7 and nothing else amiss. At the moment I don't really want to do any more intrusive testing as the next one has a tendency to kick you for a short period so I'd prefer to do that if the line drops again.
amcclean
Rising Star

I now have a router that works with routerstats so i can record as well.
My SNR was at 1 at about 17:40 before i loaded on routerstats. I will have the stats recording tomorrow afternoon.
The problem being that routerstats will show my snr drop but it will not record if i loose internet as I re-sync and have no net access after the re-sync when the snr is low and net connection is not recorded by routerstats.
last night when i installed the router I was synced but the CS agent could not see me on the radius, during the call I rebooted and the connection subsequenlty showed on the radius and my net access was restored.
Therefore is it possible to check times when i have been synched to the exchange as I appear to be synced just with no net access against  your radius records to identify periods when I have been synced but unable to access the net as the radius servers do not show my connection. Are you able to see previous line stats and radius records to match up with the time of the errors.
Could it be that the radius or a set of radius servers do not like my profile in someway and therefore if when my line drops and I am unlucky to be attempting to connect to a particular radius i will be refused.
This does whoever not account for the sudden dramatic drops in downstream snr which accompany the incidents.

podman
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi podman,
Is this with the new router, and if so are you still seeing the same issues as you advise on your ticket?
amcclean
Rising Star

yes the sync with no net connection or record on the radius, followed by reboot and connction to the radius was with the new router. I have tried three and have the same issues. 2 faceplates, 3 filters have also been tried aswell. new router is recording stats all day today although as mentioned routerstats program cannot record drop of internet access it only records line details hence the query if PN can check my radius connection logs.