cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested email feedback

plastowr

Requested email feedback

Each time I log in there is a request to give feedback on the Squirrel email system. So far I have not bothered but now I am becoming quite fed up with the basic nature of the Squirrel product. It is almost archaic in that it allows no short cuts or prompts or any features one expects having used something like Outlook. I do not want to use Outlook as when I tried it mixed up my private and business emails. Is there another roduct that has more features?
Regards
Roger
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Requested email feedback

Thanks very much for your feedback,
Webmail clients like will never offer equivalent features to a software client such as Outlook, however we are aware that some improvements can indeed be made and we're looking at some alternate options at the moment.
I do not want to use Outlook as when I tried it mixed up my private and business emails. Is there another roduct that has more features?

One thing you may wish to consider is that Outlook allows you to set up message rules so that e-mails containing specific information in the body, subject line or addressed specifically can be re-routed to different folders in your inbox. It is more in relation to spam but this help page shows you how to do it:
http://www.plus.net/support/security/spam/outlook_spam.shtml
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: plastowr
I do not want to use Outlook as when I tried it mixed up my private and business emails. Is there another roduct that has more features?

Thunderbird lets you have a separate inbox/folder hierarchy for each email account you have.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

BrianE
Grafter

Have you considered RoundCube? It's another FOSS, LAMP, mature webmail client, but is far, far more advanced than SquirrelMail
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Plusnet have trialled roundcube and there are some people using it still. However it's still in beta and I can't see Plusnet putting beta software on to a live platform.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BrianE
Grafter

RoundCube isn't in beta, it's at version 0.4.2 stable, with the 0.5 and 0.6 branches being worked on right now...
It's production-ready and stable, and actively maintained... I don't really see the problem Undecided