cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for MAC key

NOLNACS42

Request for MAC key

Called to request a second mac code. Agent didn't seem interested in retaining me as a customer and made no attempt to offer me anything to tempt me to stay. If this is the norm then no wonder cancellations wait time is in excess of 20 minutes. They most be loeaving in droves.
Extremely disappointed in customer services.
jim:red all caps removed from title as per Forum Rules mod:end
9 REPLIES 9
grahamt
Rising Star

Re: Request for MAC key

You wanted a MAC code. You got it. Seems like a good response to me.
Personally I get annoyed at the idea that people might get better terms by asking to leave than they'd get by simply being loyal customers.
But I never was any good at marketing.
Graham
Not applicable

Yes, I would agree with grahamt.  It seems to me that this sort of thing is rife in the telecoms industry. Those who just quietly get on and pay their bills on time get no discounts or bonuses, but the ones who threaten to leave get all kinds of inducements to stay. Loyalty is not rewarded.  My friend who has Sky illustrates the point - she has been paying a small fortune to the company for years and has received no discount.  Other people pick up the telephone, say they want to terminate then get substantial reductions. 
With regards to the original post, I really think that this should have been passed to the appropriate team because at the very least Plusnet need to know why people are leaving in order to improve their service and to keep track of trends.  Possibly the correct procedure has not been followed but hopefully a member of staff will pick this up and contact nolnac.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Note that this was a request for a second MAC code - probably didn't think it was worth the bother as it was only wanted to try to screw a discount - or am I just a cynical old so and so  Roll_eyes
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: poppy
Loyalty is not rewarded.

No but dis-loyalty is...but that's business. The wheel that squeaks the loudest..etc..etc Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

In a sense I have to echo Strat's sentiments here. Unfortunately it's very very hard to actively reward our customers for loyalty as we would need to understand how long each and every customer has been with us. Following that it's purely a matter of opinion exactly how long a customer remains with an ISP to be loyal, is it 6 months? a year? 5 years? 10 years? Unfortunately its also a ploy which is unsustainable as the longer our customers stay with us (which is obviously what we want) the more 'rewards' would have to be dolled out.
but the ones who threaten to leave get all kinds of inducements to stay

It's worth bearing in mind that this is judged on a case by case basis and we can't always promise to do this but we should always by practice try and incentive customers to stay if they mention a desire to leave.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
witsend
Grafter

"get all kinds of inducements to stay"... ?!? I wish !!  Sad  I can confirm Adam's point that this is judged case by case, and I was given my MAC key in what must have been record time.
As regards "rewards" for customers, the reward should be consistently good service. People are prepared to pay for good service, but are not prepared to pay for bad/no service. We're not looking for "air miles", just a sense that PN can leverage resources to the benefit of its customers in need of assistance.
Those lucky enough not to have problems are fine, but my experiences of how PN "rewards" it's customers when there is a problem is not good. And I've certainly seen no inducement to stay.
NOLNACS42

i requested a mac code as I was promised credits that were never applied. Also went onto a plan that I was never advised of. When queried this no apology and told that if I wanted to leave I could, hence I am off. For all those that pay every month without trying to at least get a discount for loyalty, well they are the mugs. If your not interested in saving money then keep paying over the odds.
David_W
Rising Star

As a loyal customer for almost 10 years now, I'm not really interested in a loyalty discount, I won't phone up PlusNet demanding a MAC in the hope I get 20% discount applied to my account for the next 6 months and Keira Knightly as my personal maid, ok, maybe if you could offer Knightly.....  I'm loyal because the service is good, the customer support is good, the forums are good, generally because (for me) PlusNet (Force9) deserves my loyalty, and I repay the good service I get by giving them their due allowance (my monthly fee).
Previously PlusNet have offered a discount for loyal customers, agree to sign up for another 12 month contract and you got 10% discount for 3 months, which I did take!  If you move house and agree to an 18 month contract, they waive the fee (at least in my case they did), so they do reward loyalty in their own way.
mikko
Grafter

I phoned for a MAC 13 months ago (when I was with Metronet). I was given verbally a good inducement to stay and the guy promised to phone me back - gave me an exact time the next day but never phoned. After more promptiong from me still nobody kept their promise to call back so I used my MAC and left.
Couldn't get anywhere via this forum either.
However, I still monitor this forum almost daily as I might one day want to return. I monitor such things as the general level of complaints and their resolution and the ACS:Law saga. Seems as though the ticket system and CS are going through a prolonged crisis. ACS? - bad response from PN initially, might be heading the right way now thanks in part to ACS's ineptitude.