Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting faults failing at single threaded speed test results

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Reporting faults failing at single threaded speed test results

First line support need to be educated about single and multi threaded speed tests and the results when they show a problem on our side.  The fact that the BT test shows nothing is stopping them from raising a fault to get connections checked/exchange & cabinet capacity/congestion checked at peek times

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
3 REPLIES 3
JoeTaylor95

Re: Reporting faults failing at single threaded speed test results

Hi Gus,

I work in comms myself, not with Plusnet but with another provider.

The problem with us raising any faults is that there's effectively two tiers 1) raising a line test with Openreach 2) doing a long line test which takes around 24 hours but also there's a broadband test which is separate, now if we raise a test Openreach follow their SLA per your line and can take awhile for them to report back to us.

The second test can disrupt your service throughout the day which isn't ideal either way.

If a fault was raised with the line then usually we can see there's an issue prior by checking the quality which is being sent, this could be an issue with the broadband service (bolt on) but again all this follows an SLA, but again I'd suggest raising it as a fault which will jump to a higher level of support techs

The procedure is a nightmare but it's mainly a process set out by Openreach

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @Gus if you complete the BTWholesale speed tester when your throughput is particularly low, and then complete the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net our faults team should be able to look into your speed for you.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

That's the problem the BT test is multi threaded, it won't show the fault.  Guessing congestion as its only happening at peek hours i.e. 8.30pm too 11pm.  But I already have a thread on this, just flagging up that the BT test is good but it fails to show a specific fault see attached to see the trend

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November