cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew Package???

keithm
Dabbler

Renew Package???

Joined plusnet just under 12 months ago on a great package for unlimited fibre. I knew after 12 months the price would more than double so at 11 months in, l trawled and found Vodafone offering an incredible 18 month deal. Rang Plusnet to haggle but got the message, 'Now closed, ring back tomorrow'. So I signed up for Vodafone. Now what I find amazing is that Plusnet have not been in contact to tell me my deal is coming to an end and we can offer you....... I now have 3 days to the transfer date to Vodafone and Plusnet have still not been in contact to even acknowledge that I am transferring to another ISP. Vodafone communication had been excellent, router arrived and just had another email confirming the transfer date. Still nothing form Plusnet - quite strange really and I am not sure I am a valued customer anymore. Anybody else had this unusual silence from Plusnet when they are losing custom?

17 REPLIES 17
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Renew Package???

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I think you'll find that Plusnet are prohibited to contact you once you've initiated a move elsewhere, just another one of these silly OFCOM rules.
keithm
Dabbler

Plusnet sat still. I didn't.

keithm
Dabbler

They didn't even contact me before the initiation. Their loss I guess.

@Browni wrote:
I think you'll find that Plusnet are prohibited to contact you once you've initiated a move elsewhere, just another one of these silly OFCOM rules.

Browni
Aspiring Hero

It's possible that you chose not to receive marketing communications from Plusnet when signing up.
Anyway, good luck with Vodafone, you'll need it.
keithm
Dabbler

I must admit I am a bit of a hopper myself but so what, the ISP's encourage you to do this because of the deals they offer. Keep hopping for the best deal, is my motto.

keithm
Dabbler

I'll let you know. So far, can't fault them but it is early days yet. When I'm connected or if I'm connected will be the true test but maybe it's worth the £150+/yr saving to find out.

Browni
Aspiring Hero

@keithm wrote:

I must admit I am a bit of a hopper myself but so what, the ISP's encourage you to do this because of the deals they offer. Keep hopping for the best deal, is my motto.

Nowt wrong with that, loyalty is a thing of the past and the ISP's have brought that on themselves.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I thought your existing ISP (PN in this case) had to contact you to let you know another ISP (Vodafone in this case) was taking over your service(s).  This is why it can never take less than about two weeks to migrate; if PN haven't heard from you after ten days, they have to allow Vodafone to take over as your ISP.  This system is designed to stop so-called slamming.

keithm
Dabbler

I thought so to but nothing at all from PN and transfer is set for Wednesday. I may call PN Tuesday to make sure it's going to happen. My last transfer was from BT and they contacted me the day after I put my order on PN.

keithm
Dabbler

Called PN to ask if they were aware I was transferring my service to another provider tomorrow. After some time they stated the order was in place but they would not acknowledge the transfer until it was actually completed. What use is that? Surely they would give you the opportunity to change your mind with some gentle persuasion ahead of the transfer date. Quite odd really.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@keithm wrote:

After some time they stated the order was in place but they would not acknowledge the transfer until it was actually completed. 

You have been told a load of rubbish, once you begin the transfer your old provider has to notify you of this ( to stop slamming)

What they can not do is make you an offer to stay once this process begins. 

As per Ofcom rules; https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

Gaining provider led process

Once you have contacted your new provider to begin the switching process, both your new provider and the provider you're leaving must both send you a notification letter to inform you of the switch.

The letter from the provider you are leaving must include details of:

• the services which are affected,
  • the services which are unaffected, and
  • any applicable early termination charges that relate to the services you currently take.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're leaving us and we haven't sent you any communication.

We'll raise this internally to look into.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
keithm
Dabbler

I did a bit of digging and yes PN should officially notify me they acknowledge the services they are transferring to another provider so something definitely wrong here. Thanks to everybody, except PN for their input.

Pity really that PN let themselves down as I have had 12 months trouble free service and only leaving due to end of special price and moving onto another special price.