cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund and compensation for no broadband

Hattie

Refund and compensation for no broadband

Is it normal to only be offered £15 over a three month period after having no broadband for 18 days and having to wait in for an engineer who had been cancelled by an advisor especially as every email tells me I’ll be charged £65 if I’m not in when the engineer arrives. The fault, according to Openreach was found to be underground in the street, and took 3 separate engineers to rectify the problem.  Any comments please.

4 REPLIES 4
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Refund and compensation for no broadband

I think PN only refund your BB charge for the days you had no service so £15 for 18 days approximately equates to a monthly charge of £25.  They may also offer a 'goodwill payment' if you ask.  Moves are reported to be afoot by the powers that be to force companies to make a small payment to customers who wait in for engineers etc. who don't turn up, but I don't think this has come into effect yet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Sorry to hear you've had issues with your service.

As well as the discounts applied as per Here it looks like we've applied a refund and credit to your account as per Here and Here.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Hattie

Hi Gandalf, so does this mean I'll be receiving all three "Here's" total £43-49

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

That is correct @Hattie