Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Rip Off

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Referral Rip Off

For some time I have received 75p for two of my referrals on fibre. Suddenly in October that got changed to 50p with no warning. When I complained at the time I was told they were aware of the issue and it was being fixed. Now I'm told the products were renamed and referral discounts reduced. So on this basis they can reduce referral values any time they rename packages. Not very nice in my view.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Referral Rip Off

It shouldn't have as the referral for fibre is 75p unlimited and 50p essentials  https://portal.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_discount_info.shtml?membermenu=referralval... and according to this https://portal.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_archive.shtml the referral was previously 50p for Value Fibre and Extra Fibre
So unless your referrals have downgraded from unlimited to essentials it should have stayed at 75p
If however they weren't on unlimited at all then the referral should always have been 50p
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi glloyd,
Looking at the two I think you're referring to, they should be paid at 75p per month as they are Extra fibre. Our referral archive page is showing them at 50p - http://www.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_archive.shtml which we're aware of and we will rectify.
Although it states 50p it is actually still paying you 75p per month for both accounts.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

This confusion with referrals payments has existed for some time now.  Is there a planned date for a fix yet?  Year / quarter would be a good starter for 10.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This one is a separate issue that has arisen from the recent fixes we've done. A problem has been raised for the above(80508).
We'll hopefully have a further update on the other referral issue this week which I'll update you with.
danprocter

Hi Chris,
I've been speaking to "^AW" (Adam?) via Twitter direct messaging about my referrals not showing plusnet anytime for orders of unlimited phone and anytime phone.
In your last post you said you'd give us an update within a week.
I just wondered how this is going? I see the issue has quite a long history dating back to 2013 so don't want to re-invent the wheel but would be good for an update, especially as we are moving into a new billing month soon!
Thanks
daniel
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Daniel,
We're very sorry there's not been a further update. Unfortunately at the moment there isn't an update available which is why we've not posted anything regarding this. It is ongoing and is being looked into, however, at the moment we don't have a guaranteed fix date yet. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this causes. As soon as we know any further information we'll be sure to let you know.