cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommending Plusnet

sixtiesblue
Dabbler

Recommending Plusnet

No frankly I cannot recommend Plusnet at the moment. Your Customer service is far too slow by telephone. Average wait at my expense is far too long.
You constantly brag how you are growing your customer base but your service is declining.
Why do you bury your ticket service in your website? Finding it proves more difficult each time. If you do not want customers to use it - just say so. Be honest.
You reject enclosures as not in a recognized format, when they are.
My Computer Club - a member for many years with many members as customers - requested their 1st router. Clubs do not have credit cards but you could not
be bothered to take the postage cost using the variable direct debit system that you insist on using. When payment by cheque was suggested on receipt of
the router and an invoice - NO was the resounding answer.
You obviously do not trust loyal members so why should we trust you?
11 REPLIES 11
James
Grafter

Re: Recommending Plusnet

Hi Sixtiesblue,
No frankly I cannot recommend Plusnet at the moment. Your Customer service is far too slow by telephone. Average wait at my expense is far too long.

I'm sorry you feel that.  Have you considered using our home phone service?  All calls to our call centre are free of charge.  Having said that, I'm sorry you had to wait for us to answer your call.
You constantly brag how you are growing your customer base but your service is declining.

It's certainly true that our customer base is growing, and with growth comes additional strain on any call centre.  However, we do add more staff as we grow as a company.  We also have a dedicated team to highlight areas of improvement that we can make.  If you have specifics you'd like to highlight, I'll certainly pass those on.
Why do you bury your ticket service in your website? Finding it proves more difficult each time. If you do not want customers to use it - just say so. Be honest.

For one, it's more reliable than email and gives both you and us a full history of the conversations that have taken place in the past.  It's not getting harder to use every time - the structure hasn't changed in ages.  Have you seen that there's an option to "ask the support team a question"?  Just go to http://help.plus.net and select a category, then on the right hand side, click on "ask a question".
You reject enclosures as not in a recognized format, when they are.

What do you mean by enclosures?
My Computer Club - a member for many years with many members as customers - requested their 1st router. Clubs do not have credit cards but you could not be bothered to take the postage cost using the variable direct debit system that you insist on using. When payment by cheque was suggested on receipt of the router and an invoice - NO was the resounding answer.

That's unfortunate.  Whilst it's true that we're only able to take one off payments by credit/debit card, I'd have liked to have thought that we could have reached a compromise for a long standing customer.  I'm very sorry about that.
You obviously do not trust loyal members so why should we trust you?

It's not a trust issue.  To say that we didn't trust our customers would just be silly!  It's a system drawback, but common sense should have prevailed.
Again, I'm very sorry to see that we've failed you and hope that things will improve in the future.
sixtiesblue
Dabbler

By enclosures I mean .doc files which on my latest ticket was rejected as an unrecognised format. Not all of us are rich enough to buy overpriced Microsoft products so I use Open Office.
The enclosure was saved in the office 97-03 format but still a problem.
http://help.plus.net is ok but you wait too long for an answer if any.
As regards direct debit what you say is just not true. Variable means you can increase and decrease a payment at will - just cannot be bothered to do it. You do it on the 1st 3 months of broadband offers
so why not any payment. There is a postal strike on at the moment or don't you read the news.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Send it as a pdf - costs nothing - I use Cutepdf http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp
James
Grafter

@Sixtiesblue
There's nothing that I have said which is not true.  I referred to something at our end which meant that we're not able to take one off payments for postage.  I didn't say that it was anything to do with you or direct debits in principle.
As Jim has mentioned, maybe you could try sending it as a PDF?  Is it just a picture that you're trying to send?  If so, you could save it as a JPG in Paint and then send it to us, it would also be much smaller and easier to send.
sixtiesblue
Dabbler

Ok in future I shall use pdf files - but why suggest doc files on your site if they are a problem for you.
As regards adding postage our Club Secretary did suggest adding it to the next monthly sub as you do when he exceeeds the download monthly limit..
This unhelpful attitude did not go down well with our Plusnet members.
James
Grafter

I'm sure it didn't.
If you would like to PM me with the username of your club secretary, I'll happily arrange for delivery of a router.
sixtiesblue
Dabbler

Hi James
Sorry I have taken so long to reply as I have been away.
A router was delivered to me last week and was installed at the Club on Wednesday successfully.
I see the cheque sent for £6.99 has cleared the Bank a/c so you have received payment.
The Secretary's address is now updated on the Club site.
Thank you for your help - I do not envy your job with Plus net.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Whoops, James left PN last night, sorry you missed the party it was a good natured one
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...but he's still around Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes just been on to show his card and other stuff
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:Recommending Plusnet

As Pierre has said, James is no longer a Plusnet employee. If you've got any questions let me know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.