Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really terrible customer service

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Really terrible customer service

Hi space,
I'm guessing you've signed up another account as the one associated with this forum account is still destroyed, but I can't find it searching for your name or your postcode - any chance you could post a ticket ID or PM me with the new username please?
space
Dabbler

I PM'ed my username (same as the old one but without the "1" ) , but it looks like my installation has now been confirmed for Tuesday 22nd. Maybe it will actually happen this time.  Undecided
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Matt's not here today so can you PM myself with that please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
joncooper
Grafter

think I may have come through some of the worst ISPs back in the early days
had a selection of screaming.net, worldonline, tiscali, etc
once, when my connection died on xmas day I was able to phone the MD at home* ~ he was NOT happy
eventually someone on a tech forum suggested plus.net - been here over 10 years now
I'm not saying I'd never leave, but I would be very reluctant
things can go wrong with any company, at least here you can talk to people (the right people)

*his contact details were on the domain registration  Grin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi space,
Didn't receive a PM? No worries though, found the account and the appointment is indeed confirmed for the 22nd in the morning - let us know if that needs moving. Certainly hope it does all go ahead this time, we'll keep an eye on it for you.
space
Dabbler

Hi Matt,
I sent both you and Adam PM's, but even at the time I noticed that when I viewed the "sent messages" folder, neither of the PM's were there. Maybe a problem with your system?
dick:quote
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

PM's don't get saved in your outbox by default , you need to check the 'save a copy in my outbox' box

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

They do if you've turned on the "Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default." option here!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@space
I've just checked and the order is definitely due for the 22nd, let me know if you need help with anything else.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

They do if you've turned on the "Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default.

You learn something new every day , never knew about that, thanks Jelv Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

space
Dabbler

Well it finally got fitted this morning. I got a phone call at 7.45, here was here at 8.15 and it was all done by 9.00, so well done BTOR.
Hopefully the phone line change will be problem free as well, but tbh I don't really use the phone so it's not a major concern.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi spacem
Glad to see that got sorted for you this morning, keep us up-to-date and if there's anything you need give us a nudge.
space
Dabbler

Okay I've left this for over 2 weeks now to see if the speeds settle. The speed has stayed exactly the same since day one. I'm getting 22Mbps/5Mbps which is around the estimate, but I expected to get more because my next door neighbour gets just under 30Mbps on BT Infinity and he is (very very slightly) further away from the cabinet. Bear in mind that I was getting 12Mbps on my Orange ADSL whereas the estimates for ADSL was up to 9Mbps. Also I notice that my Profile is set at 40Mbps instead of 80Mbps even so I never expected to get either speed.
I'm also highly suspicious of the 5Mbps upload speed - all the speed tests get exactly 5Mbps, and the results look very similar to when I was on an ADSL line which was limited to 2Mbps - the speed meters shoot straight up to 5Mbps and then stay exactly on that speed as if it's an artificial limit, rather than the max that the line can support.
Is it possible for someone to look into this please.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
Your Plusnet profile is now set to 22.6Mb/s to match your sync rate. I can see that it has synced slight higher 25Mb./s and it may do so again, you can see differences to your neighbors connection as it does have different factors to take into account including to quality of the wire coming to your premises.
Your line appears to be running as it should as far as I can see and your profile is correctly set to match that.
Chris