Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really terrible customer service

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Really terrible customer service

OK, I believe that jfrankcom has a legitimate reason to be angry with Plusnet: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110782.0.html and does not seem to realise that this is a customer led forum and (generally) happy community.
I agree that their comments are not in keeping with the usual community spirit but I think it best not to add further fuel to the fire please.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

W23, I fail to see why it's legitimate; if you don't pay you don't get the service, simples.
From the total lack of response to the thread, I guess that everyone else agrees.
CX
Grafter

I never had problems with Plusnet taking payment by direct debit, at least that avoids even bigger issues caused by my own "screw ups". I'm happy with Plusnet, and shouldn't feel intimated by other posters on this forum when we want to give that kind of feedback in the feedback forum.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: tijara33
..I fail to see why it's legitimate..

If the customer says they paid and then posted about it then I generally assume that they believe that they have paid so their reason to complain is legitimate  Smiley
Of course, there could have been a problem with the payment for whatever reason, that's not for me to judge.
Only on-duty staff are likely to be able to answer that particular query so I think the lack of response at the weekend is pretty much to be expected.  Once they get through on the telephone or get an answer from a staff member then it will get resolved on way or the other.
jfrankcom's posts here (and others in other threads) were unnecessary and not really acceptable but I tend to allow for the 'red mist' factor when people feel they have a grievance, I'm not saying that any of the responses were wrong, just thought it better if things did not degrade further.
Peace and harmony restored I hope.  Smiley

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's always interesting to find out how many ISPs people who are complaining have had.
I can't remember when I first went online with Compuserve (I was one of the early users and had an email of jelv@compuserve.com instead of the 7xxxx,xxx format) but it will have been around 1996/7). I then moved to Lineone, then BT and finally to Plusnet.
I recently saw someone with issues who had been through 8 or 9 in a fraction of the time and it appears he'd had issues with all of them. I just wonder to what extent the short term customers that post "worst service ever" type messages bring it upon themselves?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
space
Dabbler

Quote from: joncooper
I know you feel you've had enough, and you've decided you're leaving
but I really think you should give Plus.net a chance to sort things out
I have been with them now for over 10 years, not always been perfect but usually better than most
I don't know of any other ISP where you can 'talk' directly to the guys who actually fix the problems
The 'great deal' you signed up for is still a great deal and you would benefit long term
I guess you've made up your mind, but just in case... plus.net really are very good (most of the time)

Wow what happened to the thread.  Undecided  Well I have signed up again to take advantage of the current increased cashback offer, so lets see how it goes this time.

Quote from: jelv
It's always interesting to find out how many ISPs people who are complaining have had......
I recently saw someone with issues who had been through 8 or 9 in a fraction of the time and it appears he'd had issues with all of them. I just wonder to what extent the short term customers that post "worst service ever" type messages bring it upon themselves?

As I already mentioned, most problems do occur when changing, so you're probably right  - the more ISP's you use the more likely you are to have problems  - but that is no excuse for the problems though. Almost all the problems that I have had with different ISP's (including Plusnet) have been down to staff error, so it's a little warped to think that by changing I've been bringing these staff errors on myself! The problem is with the companies, not the customer!
shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

jelv
I can't remember when I first went online with Compuserve (I was one of the early users and had an email of jelv@compuserve.com instead of the 7xxxx,xxx format) but it will have been around 1996/7). I then moved to Lineone, then BT and finally to Plusnet.

How interesting - I did exactly the same as you at the same time - Compuserve > Lineone > Plusnet.  Actually, until you mentioned Lineone, I had forgotten all about them.    I can't remember when I first signed up - my records only go back to 2002, so it is more than ten years ago.  My experience with Plusnet has been generally positive in all those years, although there have of course been hiccups along the way.  Plusnet was undoubtedly at its peak when BT acquired them, but I suppose inevitably, they are not as good as they used to be anymore.
Their strength is still their heritage business model, customer referral.  So when I see Plusnet advertising and marketing themselves, it worries me that they are moving away from their roots.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Anotherone
The face that 'space' could not log in to the Member Centre to access the Complaint ticket rather sounds like the same issue as someone else had a few months back. I thought that Plusnet assured us that this type of issue had been sorted so that it would not occur to anyone else in future!
Explanation please Plusnet!

Cancellation was requested before the account became active, therefore the account could be cancelled without the notice period etc - so it was.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Space - thanks very much for bearing with us, I'd be happy to keep an eye on things for you and attempt to ensure they happen in a more timely manner this time around? Please let us know.
space
Dabbler

You're welcome to keep an eye on it. I'm already highly sceptical that it will be installed this Friday morning, which is the date that it allowed me to select when I placed my order.
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Pessimist or realist - only time will tell  Grin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well, it's not 7 working days in advance, and while our systems shouldn't have let you choose it which I'm sorry about I'm certain you're right (I believe the 7 working day lead time was mentioned on your last ticket?)
I'll get one of our provisioning agents onto it this afternoon for you and see what dates are available.
MsDizzie
Grafter

Let's hope space hasn't booked a day off just yet  Shocked
I don't think I've had that many ISPs over the years, think I was with Virgin in the late 90's (dial-up, pre-cable!!!). Company supplied me with ISDN in 1999 so I could work from home for that year, but I couldn't afford to pay for it out of my own pocket (must've been BT  ;D). Then I went with SurfAnytime and got broadband in the early 2000s, stayed with them for quite a while until I got sucked in to TalkTalk and their cheap deals. Though to be fair I was one of the lucky ones as I rarely had a problem except for their constant phone calls to "upgrade to a better deal" which was never cheaper than my initial setup. In fact it was the incessant sale calls that drove me into doing something about it, by moving.
I've been with Plusnet since September 2012, and have been fortunate to use the HelpDesk a only couple of times, though I do find it a bit "quirky".
However, I think the forum is the best thing since sliced bread! Though I guess its a bit mean of me to say that I am learning stuff from other people's problems  Roll_eyes
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I wouldn't say that was mean, far from it - at least if something is learned by someone then some good has come of it Smiley
space
Dabbler

Quote from: Matt
Well, it's not 7 working days in advance, and while our systems shouldn't have let you choose it which I'm sorry about I'm certain you're right (I believe the 7 working day lead time was mentioned on your last ticket?)
I'll get one of our provisioning agents onto it this afternoon for you and see what dates are available.

On the support ticket last time, it just said "too soon". From reading elsewhere I thought it was 5 working days but I couldn't remember exactly, so the fact that it offered me that date (with lots of other slots around it being unavailable), I presumed it was okay. The reason I thought it was unlikely to happen was due to BTOR being busy due to holidays and weather etc.
Lets see if I can get fibre before the end of the month - surely that's not too much of a challenge?
Quote from: MsDizzie
Let's hope space hasn't booked a day off just yet  Shocked

Lol not this time. To be fair Plusnet do say that the date needs to be confirmed, so I will only be booking the day off when I receive confirmation.