cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really odd usage stats, gone over my allowance :(

matthardwick

Really odd usage stats, gone over my allowance :(

I work all day every day, and when I am at home, about the most I do is very basic browsing, messenger, webmail, facebook etc.
I do a bit of VPN into work here and there, according to my usage chart, it's mostly web stuff, I struggle to see how I have managed to use 20GB in less than a month when about all I do on the web is a lot less than most. 2% of my total usage is "Broadband Phone" I don't have the Broadband Phone package, and I don't use Skype. 1% Streaming, well I haven't streamed any radio... could be a mistake.
I also don't get what it means by "Paid For Usage" - apparently that is 2.6GB - but god knows what that means, is that out of hours? in of hours but what I have paid for over my allowance (it shouldn't be I only went over this morning and only just got back from work)?
Before anybody suggests that someone else is using my wireless - it's got a Mac filter, and a secure password etc. with plenty of open/free/unsecured networks around me.
If I ask nicely can PlusNet send me what addresses all this data is coming from/going to ... because as it stands I will just have to pull out or change to a different package - which is cheaper (and has more allowance, how dumb is that).
3 REPLIES 3
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Really odd usage stats, gone over my allowance :(

You have two figures normally Paid for Usage and Free Usage
Here are my figures which show that I've currently used only a small fraction of my monthly allowance.
Hope this explains things for you
Paid-for usage  594.96MB  8am - Midnight 
Paid-for allowance: Up-to 10GB 8am - Midnight
Free usage: 141.69MB Midnight - 8am
Total usage: 736.64MB
pierre_pierre
Grafter

normally two of us on here, lots of web, e-mails this is the total month
  Paid-for usage  3.35GB  8am - Midnight 
Paid-for allowance: Up-to 10GB 8am - Midnight
  Peak usage Free usage: 902.69MB Midnight - 8am
  Total usage: 4.25GB

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your usage figures are slightly strange as you've got a large amount of off-peak usage identified as 'web'. Your router's been up for over a month so a reboot will bring any mi-alignment back into line and I'd check very carefully any programs left running overnight e.g. torrenting, iPlayer, etc.