cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why I have left Plusnet

Ronski
Rising Star

I've now moved both our home and works connection away from PN. Home connection was moved to VM purely because my home FTTC is pretty poor. 

Works connection was moved because we kept having issues with our VOIP which PN said wasn't caused by them, but the issues went away after the move..Unfortunately PN completely mucked up our final bill, billing us after we left, despite repeated promises  of sorting it out the debt was passed to a debt collection agency. It was/is also impossible to see credits on the billing portal.

Then theres an 8 year FTTP trial which finished four months ago but still no FTTP product. 

Glad I left now,  but a shame after 15 years. 

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been split from another thread for better visibility  

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Ronski,

Apologies for the delay and sorry you've left, obviously a number of the issues that caused your exit there's not much we can do about, though we'll no doubt be providing FTTP at some point in the future there's nothing in the pipeline at the moment. 

I was concerned about the billing issue you noted but I've checked and this looks to have been resolved a few months ago now on this ticket (you should still be able to view this with your login). If you're still having problems with this can you please let us know. 

GFT_Workshop
Hooked

@JOLO thank you for your concern, although I will point out it was only sorted out six weeks ago (not 3 months), after I escalated it with a manager, but it shouldn't have come to that, in fact it should never have happened

I've also no idea why this has been split off from @jelv's thread, my reply above was a contribution to that thread and in no way a request for help, I had previously tried a separate thread and that had failed.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @GFT_Workshop@Ronski,

I think it was split off by a mod to ensure it got some attention, obviously there was a delay in this happening. I'm sorry about the experience you had regardless, and hopefully all is now well. 

Have a lovely New Year. 

Ronski
Rising Star

@JOLO  Yes its all sorted thanks, have a great new year yourself,  and I sincerely hope things improve at PN but unfortunately I doubt they will as they seem so stuck in their old ways which as they've grown has only caused more problems.

PS this is where my post originally was https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Why-I-have-left-Plusnet/m-p/1598132#M83458

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

One could suggest that the company needs to very much get back to their old ways. Back to the days before the BT buy out and the stranglehold of BT management style befalling upon the people who made Plusnet great.

Yes the rate of expansion driven by BT without the timely investment in new back office support has not been helpful in supporting the growth. That though does not excuse the cosh on great engineers being allowed to make a real difference any more.

Hopefully the passage of another new year (time) might make a difference?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.