cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Totally fed up with Plusnet!!

Tigs1966
Hooked

I'm fed up with Plusnet too.  We struggle with any broadband speed at all, pay an absolute fortune for a rubbish service with no explanation as to why it's so poor, and what they're going to do about it.  Have been with them for 5 years and have never received 'help'.  Whats fibre optic broadband as we're never going to be able to get that, such a joke!

36 REPLIES 36
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.
Post split from another thread for better visibility and relevance.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
atomit
Dabbler

Hello Tigs1966

It's such a shame to see what was such a great service decline so quickly. I've been with PlusNet since 2001 and found it faultless and helpful until I moved house and they simply couldn't provide the smooth transition from one location to the next that should be so commonplace these days. Trying to speak to anyone on the phone took ages (I was put on hold for 1/2 hour before anyone could speak to me) and then nothing in the system allowed for what I wanted to do, which was really basic.

Anyway, as you say, the connection isn't even that good and now I am looking around for the right deal as I am not bound by a contract anymore and they have just wiped out several years' worth of email because I was beyond their very mean 1Gb. (Gmail gives you 15GB).

In the meantime, I am using gmail until I can see a good way forward.

Such a shame, it was once really great!

Anne

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Tigs1966,

It would assist if you offered some clues as to the nature of your problem … if you have come here to seek help.  If you've come here just to vent, then that's fine too.

What kind of service have you got - ADSL or FTTC?

What checks have you done to date?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

What are the expectations for your line?

Please use the following links to check the services available and their estimated speeds. From the first link, please record and report back the distance from the exchange. The second link advises of which fibre services (if any) are available on your line and their anticipated speed.

How is your line performing?

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

NB: Please use an Edge browser or IE as there have been many reports that others fail to function correctly when accessing the BTw speed test.

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

You may find the links below to speed issues and the fault finders useful.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

atomit
Dabbler

The phone line is fine but the "super fast" fibreoptic cable is not great, drops out suddenly and not totally reliable. I have run some tests but the results are so poor that I can't believe they're correct!

My main gripe is my lost email, which has still not been restored despite the promise it would all been resolved by 18th July. I have just chatted with support for the 5th time and they say they have escalated it but I'm still waiting.

Just ain't what it used to be...

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @atomit 

I'm really sorry to hear you've had such a hard time getting these emails back - I've escalated this again internally and we'eve managed to get it done. 

Your emails should appear again in roughly 30 minutes. 

Please let us know if this is not the case.

Thanks 

atomit
Dabbler

Back again to have a rant about the useless service I have been getting from PlusNet. I have lost count of the number of times that I have had to contact the "support" desk to try get the email that they deleted reinstated and although they assured me that this had been "escalated" more than four times now, nothing has happened and I don't want to waste any more time sitting on hold before someone answers. The service has got even worse than before, as now helpdesk aren't even competent and they never understand the problem. At least before you knew that when someone eventually answered your call they would know what to do but I suppose all the competent people have left in disgust to work for a decent provider. So I have lost several years worth of email because PlusNet can't find it, despite assurances not to worry.

Such a shame, it started so well...

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @atomit

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with email. I can see that my colleague advised that this was resolved around three weeks ago.

Although I can't see the contents of your mailbox (as you'd expect) I can see that the size of one of the mailboxes on your account yesterday was around 400mb - this would suggest that a large volume of email was present in that mailbox at that time.

With you having multiple mailboxes, could you possibly confirm which email is missing (again, not content specific) date ranges etc?

I've set up a ticket on your account here for you to provide any information which you feel is pertinent.

Best wishes,

Dave

atomit
Dabbler

This was never resolved at all. There is very little email on my account right now as I have very little left after PlusNet deleted it all on 20th June. You sent me an email telling me not to worry as it was not going to be deleted for 30 days and I should just get in touch to have it restored. This is what I have been trying to do since then and I keep getting told that it has been escalated and once incorrectly that it had been resolved. The only inbox I use for email is [Removed] and the account name is atomit22. There are emails going back about 7-8 years and there are about 15-20 folders of historical data that I need to download and file elsewhere.

There was already supposedly a ticket set up for this issue but nothing happened when I wrote comments in it, so I have had to telephone or write to the forum because nothing keeps on being done!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

My colleague Dave logged a ticket for you. For accountability, if you could please reply to this with the answers to his questions, we can progress further for you. The direct link is here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
atomit
Dabbler

I have tried to click on that link and this is what I get:

There was an error.

We are unable to access your ticket information.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Apologies, I can't see why the link isn't working.
The URL is https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=180962359

However, if this still isn't working, please visit portal.plus.net, login, under Help And Support, Click View Your Questions. You should see a list of open tickets there. You may need to select closed tickets, to see this particular ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
atomit
Dabbler

Nope, still the same error message and when I open view your questions, there is nothing further there. I am in despair, what shall I do if you can't restore my emails? I can't communicate with anyone who seems to know what to do.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Please try raising a ticket via this link - https://portal.plus.net/wizard/ . Choose any option, and then send me the ticket number so I can re-direct it to the correct place. -Tony

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
atomit
Dabbler

This is the existing ticket number: