cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Plus Net terrible service

hindmoor

I feel the same - customer of over 10 years and extremely disappointed!  We moved house and have been without internet for over 2 weeks due to plusnet sending wrong engineer, blaming our equipment (which the 3rd engineer said was absolutely fine) and general stalling tactics (asking us to plug our router into the main socket for 3 days to let it settle, again 3rd engineer said that was rubbish).  We have contacted plusnet via webchat (got cut off), via phone (waited hours - nobody answers), via letters (nobody has replied) and via internet messaging (nobody has responded).  We are actually at a loss now how to progress our complaint because nobody is responding from plusnet whichever method of communication we try.  It is like a complete brick wall.  Broadband choices website said that plusnet used to be very good at customer service, yet their customer service has recently plummeted - how I agree!  We too are actively looking to move supplier but need to get our issues resolved before we can do so.  We are going to report plusnet to Ofcom soon because we are just at the end of our tether.
WHY CAN'T PLUSNET PHONE PEOPLE BACK?? They just keep saying we can't phone you - why on earth not?  You are a communications company!!
2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Quote from: hindmoor
We moved house and have been without internet for over 2 weeks due to plusnet sending wrong engineer

Looking at the fault you raised with us on 25/02/16, I can see you advised that following the housemove, the broadband was working fine for around a week. I'm sorry to see that you then experienced a fault.
When testing your line, a phone fault was discovered, which is why a phone fault engineer had to be sent out in the first instance. When people bring a broadband fault to our attention when there is also a phone fault on the line, resolving the phone fault will also fix the broadband fault a lot of the time as the loss of broadband can be caused by the underlying phone fault on the line.
Checking the connection on your account, it appears you have been back online since the engineer visit on 08/03/16.
blaming our equipment (which the 3rd engineer said was absolutely fine) and general stalling tactics (asking us to plug our router into the main socket for 3 days to let it settle, again 3rd engineer said that was rubbish).

A few days after raising a broadband fault, we received the following notes from our suppliers:
Customers Equipment, Error or Misoperation;End User own equipment. Please retest this service.

At this point, we retested the service and found the connection was still not in sync, therefore an engineer appointment was required.
We are actually at a loss now how to progress our complaint because nobody is responding from plusnet whichever method of communication we try.  It is like a complete brick wall.

I can see you raised a complaint on 25/02/16 (Ticket: 120692484) prior to raising the fault with us.
Our Customer Relations Team responded to the ticket on 01/03/16, within the 5 working day lead time. At this point the ticket with your first letter on was closed as it related to the same issue. The advisor who dealt with your complaint also noted this on the ticket with the letter and pointed back to the ticket he had responded to.
The most recent letter of complaint you sent to us was received on 07/03/16 and is still well within the 10 working days we advise for a response on complaint letters.
We too are actively looking to move supplier but need to get our issues resolved before we can do so.  We are going to report plusnet to Ofcom soon because we are just at the end of our tether.

I'm sorry to hear you're now thinking of leaving, however you are in contract so early termination fees would be applicable.
WHY CAN'T PLUSNET PHONE PEOPLE BACK?? They just keep saying we can't phone you - why on earth not?  You are a communications company!!

Unfortunately it's not always possible for us to call people back, especially when we are contacted via the community forums/other social media requesting this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

mod:note
Posts split off to their own topic for clarity.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine