cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Customer Experience

olgalockley

There are two 70+ year olds in our household. Only I use the computer. I NEVER 'stream' and I NEVER use the computer between midnight and 8am yet I keep being charged for this overusage. When I complain I am virtually called a liar. They say "it is on record and therefore must be correct".  RUBBISH!  Being on holiday I have just had my computer switched off for Sun 7th, Mon 8th and Tues 9th June - and they say I have been using it AND streaming AND overnight..And they are charging me £5 for 'going over my limit'.  This is getting beyond the ridiculous - it is cheating!  My son informs me that our next door neighbour (who is online 24/7) could be using my account???  Is this true? and if so why cannot Plusnet DO something about it? I am just the driver - they are the mechanics
olgalockley
6 REPLIES 6
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: olgalockley
....... RUBBISH!  Being on holiday I have just had my computer switched off for Sun 7th, Mon 8th and Tues 9th June - and they say I have been using it AND streaming AND overnight..And they are charging me £5 for 'going over my limit'.   This is getting beyond the ridiculous - it is cheating!   My son informs me that our next door neighbour (who is online 24/7) could be using my account???  Is this true?

Hi olgalockley,
Welcome to the forum.
It's probably a good idea if your issue has it's own thread as there will be a number of technical things that will need checking and you'll no doubt need some guidance to do that. So we'll get one of the mods (also Plusnet customers) to move all this to a new thread.
Hopefully one of Plusnet's CRT members will look at your account and look at the usage on those dates and tell us the amounts of usage.
You can do that yourself as well, and again we'll probably have to give you guidance on where to look.
In the meantime, some important questions, which Modem/router do you have and are you on Fibre or ADSL?
Also, have you ever given away or sold a modem/router previously used on your Plusnet account?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Dick:green Posts split and merged to new topic.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion

Re: Re: My Customer Experience

Thanks Dick.
@olgalockey
Just also to remind when you need to post any information that we me ask, be careful not to post any of the following -
Your Phone Number, Your account name, serial number or passwords of any modem/router.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm sorry to hear you think the usage being added isn't correct.
I've looked at your account and there isn't anyone connecting with your details.
With regards to the usage for the 7th, 8th and 9th the usage was no more then 216kb on one day which is very little usage.
This will be traffic from the router to us keeping the connection alive.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

Re: Re: My Customer Experience

Sounds like the wrong information was given somewhere, call, ticket, on-line chat?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Matthew
With regards to the usage for the 7th, 8th and 9th the usage was no more then 216kb on one day which is very little usage.

Matthew,
Where then is the usage resulting in the "over usage" charge?
I note with interest that there are 3 threads I've seen today claiming the reported usage is more than expected, leading to "excess use" charges.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.