Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fibre Broadband Speed Below Estimate

holmes1969
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Could you tell me what I am paying for internet at the moment please.

Regards Robert Holmes 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Sure, I'll find out for you tomorrow once I'm back in the office.

In the mean time, you can find out yourself on the Member Centre, if you check your invoices by going to https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your patience @holmes1969

I've sent you a ticket with a breakdown of your invoice.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
holmes1969
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Thank you for clearing up that matter. I would like to take up your offer of free broadband for twelve months.

It has taken a long time to resolve this problem, but finally after the last visit by the Openreach engineer who  finally accepted and carried out my suggestion for rectifying the problem which appears to have been successful.

I now think that my speed is as good as it is likely to be,it has taken a considerable amount of perseverance to achieve this goal,and I feel that the offer you have made goes a way to compensate for the considerable amount of time I have spent trying to get the problem resolved.

Regards  Robert Holmes. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for getting back to us,

Just to make you aware that the offer for free broadband from Matty included regrading the service to ADSL.

Feel free to let us know if you would like to go ahead still.
holmes1969
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

I have posted a reply to this question before which seems to have disappeared.

I have the whole conscript of the saga which I will be adding to my social media pages.

I have spent enough time over this matter and after diagnosing the problem myself, and finally getting an engineer to carry out my request to rectify the problem which was successful I find I am offered free internet for twelve months free on ADSL when I am allegedly only paying £1 extra per month for fibre is ridiculous in theory it should only be £12. Now I am receiving a massive 4 to 4.5 mbps (joke) when I was promised between 5 and 10 mbps is sharp practice in my opinion. 

This breach of contract over my internet speeds has been going on far to long I think maybe it is time to inform the ombudsman of the story and move on to another supplier just as my neighbor has done who had the same problem. I realize that the speed will not improve but we can only wish that I receive better customer service.

Regards Robert Holmes.   

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for getting back to me.

I appreciate the inconvenience and frustration caused by this, and I'm really sorry for the experience.

However, as per Matty's response below (from the 10th October 2016) if we're unable to provide you with fibre speeds within the estimate we quoted you, thereby unfulfilling the contract, then we would allow you to leave your contract penalty free, writing off all early termination charges.

MattyC wrote:

Letting you leave free of contract after provisioning your line (at a cost to our suppliers) is the worst possible outcome for us, and the penalty we'd pay for offering speeds that cannot be reached. I do understand that it is all a bit matter of fact though. 

Allowing you to leave is definitely a pretty drastic outcome for us and we would also like to keep you as a customer, therefore as a gesture of goodwill we are happy to provide you with free ADSL broadband for 12 months.

Ideally, I'd like to get you provisioned on ADSL with the acquisition offer that we currently have on the table, which is free broadband for a year.

Providing free fibre broadband for 12 months isn't really something we can offer you I'm afraid.

Once again, apologies for the problems.

holmes1969
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Have answered before but doesn't seem to be here yet again.

Here it is again.

Hi Anoush,

Thank you for your reply however can you promise that my broadband speed will be the same as it is at the moment.

After all the broadband speed that I was promised initially was when I was on ADSL. Being placed on fibre was to improve the speed  to achieve the speed that what  was promised when I agreed to join Plusnet in the first place.

Regards Robert Holmes.

I must point out also that providing fibre did not improve the speed but may have made it more stable.

The cost of this was an extra £1-00 per month an extra that did not obtain the speeds that I was promised.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No, I can't promise guarantee that. If you would like to accept our offer of Free Broadband for 12 months, this will be an offer for ADSL broadband, so your service will be downgraded.

As I advised before, that if your fibre line speed is not within your fibre speed estimate then you can leave your contract with no early termination charges.

Or, should you wish to accept the above offer you'll just be paying for your phone side of things for 12 months on a 12 month ADSL broadband contract.

holmes1969
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

What I am trying to explain is that the speed that I was promised was when I was on ADSL.

I did not get promised a speed on fibre. Only that it would improve the speed, which it didn’t.

Can you tell me my realistic expected speed details on ADSL compared with my fibre speed details.

Regards Robert Holmes

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

The promised speed on fibre we advised you of is between 5 Mbps and 10 Mbps as per this ticket that was also sent by email to you on 11/04/16.

As it happens, your fibre speed estimate has since dropped to between 2.5 Mbps and 6.6 Mbps, which is a little more realistic as your current line speed is 5.2 Mbps which is actually also within your original fibre estimates.

However, even though you're now within the original fibre estimate, I'll be happy to honour Matty's offer of Free ADSL Broadband for 12 months. Your ADSL estimate is between 2.5 Mbps and 6.5 Mbps which is pretty much the same as the fibre estimate now.

If your speed before you upgraded to fibre is about the same you're getting now, then should you to downgrade back to what you were on, I would expect no change.

However, due to the very nature of broadband, this is something I cannot guarantee. And if you downgrade and your speeds drop to for example 2.5 Mbps, this would be within the ADSL estimate.

holmes1969
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for that I feel  as though we are progressing with this discussion. 

One other thing, if I take up your offer on ADSL and the speeds drop dramatically would it be possible to reinstate fibre to get it back to the current speed.

Regards Robert Holmes. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem. Smiley

Absolutely you can upgrade back to fibre at any point in a contract with no penalty.

The cost of which you'll need to speak with Customer Options to negotiate though.
holmes1969
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

I'm afraid that my speed has now become very unstable in the space of an hour my speed is now going up and down from between 4.5 mbps to 1.1mbps have I been inadvertently put back to ADSL or is there some other problem yet again.

Regards Robert Holmes.