cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Complaints

sleah

Oh my goodness how do I put in a formal complaint and cancel my order? After 3 weeks of constant calls, being let down, had people who are in capable of helping or answering queries, being lied to, not called back I have had enough. 

We have 3 children trying to homeschool, a key worker having to tether to their mobile ( at considerable cost) and still no progress on fibre broadband. Managed to get adsl 2 weeks ago and promised as there was availability in the cabinet it would be secured and installed last week. They made us sign the fibre contract  and someone was to personally watch progress -they didn't! I should add after hours of re explaining the issues and conversations we are no nearer!! 

It appears plusnet didn't secure the spare 'port' so another available port today and told will get a call in 2 weeks to tell us what will happen. How can it be so poor with no explaination?  Received an email full of spelling  mistakes and it didn't even make sense but says will be in touch on 26th feb.

This has made me ill  and I can't take anymore!  i have been with plusnet 17 years and never again as something has changed as before moving house i used to recommend them. This has made me ill and wasted days to no avail. Yet other providers tell me I can get fibre and can action immediately. What is going on?. I need to complain and cancel before my children fall further behind, unable to do zoom classes, and wife is bankrupt or sacked. 

We moved house and I wish we never tried to stay with plusnet. I have repeatedly asked for the cooling off period to be extended as all they say is there is a technical issue and it is too complicated to explain. 

I have been nice and patient but this is now untenable and with my health and my family suffering I have no option but to go elsewhere where service, not price, will be my driver. Albeit service could not be any worse!! 

Anyone please advise do I go to ofcom?? 

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Welcome to the Forum @sleah 

I can't help you with your underlying problem but I can tell you how to put in a complaint, if that is what you want to do.

At the bottom of this web page (and all the others Plusnet put up) there is a link to "Complaints code of Practice". Click there, click "how to complain about broadband", and use the option "online ticket".(Chat doesn't work)

Plusnet web pages can be flaky so, to be absolutely sure that everything links to your account, people have been suggesting recently going to the main plus.net page, logging into your account there, and then clicking the "Complaints code of Practice" link.

But it may (should!) all work from this Forum page; later in the process from here you should be asked for your Plusnet account name and asked to log in and that should make the link to your account.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ sleah,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your comments and sincerely apologise for the delay to your Fibre upgrade.

I'll be happy to take ownership of this for you and work with our suppliers to get this resolved however to be realistic it's unlikely the upgrade will be any sooner, as our suppliers BT Wholesale have advised there is no space in the broadband cabinet, hence 'no capacity'. BT Wholesale do regularly review capacity in their cabinets so I'm optimistic you will have a port allocated to you, however how soon this is possible is not an answer I can give you.

If you'd like me to take ownership of this I will ensure you receive updates as soon as I have them. If you'd like to cancel the Fibre order for the time being please contact us on 0800 013 2632 and our Customer Option s Team will be able to arrange this for you.

Thanks - LF

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@BrightonRock wrote:

... to be absolutely sure that everything links to your account, people have been suggesting recently going to the main plus.net page, logging into your account there, and then clicking the "Complaints code of Practice" link.

But it may (should!) all work from this Forum page; later in the process from here you should be asked for your Plusnet account name and asked to log in and that should make the link to your account.

This is largely correct, but a bit confused.  Following the links and logging afterwards as prompted does link to the account, however that will not generate a complaint ticket, but instead raise a support  ticket, which will simply be closed without action.

Logging into the user portal before clicking the complaints ticket link ensures that a complaints ticket is raised and it will be processed correctly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@LordFoul wrote:

... If you'd like to cancel the Fibre order for the time being please contact us on 0800 013 2632 and our Customer Option s Team will be able to arrange this for you.

@sleah 

Do bear in mind that if BT Openreach have no spare working fibre ports in your cabinet, no ISP will be able to supply a FTTC service until BTOR provide more capacity.

This is not an ISP issue.  Capacity might have been available at the time an order is placed, but the port is not firmly allocated until actually connected.  In the interval, it is possible that an available port gets used to repair an already connected circuit's fault.  It is not unknown for thought to be available ports to be found faulty on an attempt to connect the service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been split from another thread for better visibility and to keep issues seperate

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'