Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Complaints

Kanejones
Hooked

Hello,
I got told I have to make a complaint on this forum instead of over the phone.
I signed up to plusnet on the 4th of February and I thought it would be a simple transaction. However, I got an email on the 5th saying they having issues with my order so I just thought it would be something simple but I decided to ring up as I just moved into my new flat flat about to start my new job. Nevertheless, I got told it was just because they need to take over the existing cable and it shouldn’t take too long as long as they have confirmation the previous tenant isn’t using the line anymore. I said they have moved out and I’m the new tenant so they said that’s fine so we will add that to your account and you should get WiFi in a couple of days. But on the phone I said I don’t think there’s ever been WiFi in this flat so I think I need a engineer to install one but I kept getting told there is a line. Thus, a couple of days after I phoned again as I really need WiFi to work and I had to use my mobile data. I got told over the phone that they having problem with taking over the line so it keeps getting rejected, but I kept saying it’s because there’s no line. So I got told it would be fixed every Friday in February but still no luck. Then I got told at the end of February that there is no line and they need to get an engineer into my flat which is very frustrating as I said that from day one. But I thought okay that’s fine, let me know when this can be done. But they said oh this is going to take another 2 weeks so I was bit concerned that I was going to be without WiFi for even longer. Then I complained and got told I couldn’t complain until I have broadband so I thought that was a bit weird. But then when I managed to get the engineer to come he said yes there’s no line so I had to take a day off work to get him into my flat to instal a cable, which is another inconvenience and a loss of money. Then the engineer said he managed to install the line and I thought oh thank god I got WiFi now. But later that day I phoned plusnet to check on my WiFi as I don’t have it working. Then told me over the phone it takes till midnight for it to be active so I was frustrated but thought okay I’ll wait. I went to work the next day and came back to no WiFi again so I had to phone you again but then got told you didn’t even activate the line so I had to wait another week to get it activated. I have to work this weekend so had to make arrangement to work from home so go to another house to get broadband which is a massive inconvenience especially during this time. I noticed I’m only getting 3mbps which is atrocious. Therefore I rang up today saying I only getting this despite getting told I should get at least 15 mbps. I got offered 1 month free broadband, which I think is a joke. I already paid a month for WiFi I didn’t even have. I’m not even going to be at my new apartment for 12 months, I only have the flat for 6 months so I will leave in august. But I already lost a month so I don’t really want to have a long contract with you as you gave me poor customer service. If you told me at the start that it needed a new line I wouldn’t of minded but you kept lying to me and lying until the point a guy told me he’s going to send an engineer over. If it wasn’t for him then I still be in the same situation. This is shocking and to only offer me 18 pound for my troubles, that is a joke. I had to make arrangements to work elsewhere instead of at home during this pandemic, I had to make 40 min car journey to a office due to not being allowed to be in the Manchester office because of the number of staff being allowed. This was a massive inconvenience. Lucky I didn’t get corona or I would of been screwed. So I am very unhappy with plusnet and want this to be solved. I got told by the guy on the phone you can offer a better compensation and got told you will contact me about this. Please get in contact.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been split from another thread for better visibility.

Have also removed many replies from posters as they were unhelpful.

Please be considerate in replying and mindful of the Forum rules

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Kanejones, I am sorry for the issues that you have encountered with your order and please be assured it is not the experience we want you to have.

I can see you have an open complaint; you will be assigned a case handler who will be in touch to discuss further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Kanejones
Hooked

Thank you!