Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Complaints

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Tomdickinson86 I'm happy to confirm that Openreach have confirmed that your broadband order has now completed. The order is still showing as open in the BT front-end systems and it should close shortly, however based on the response I've received from Openreach I've activated your account now so you should be able to connect straight away.

Could you let us know how it goes once you've set up your router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

Router has been set up for a month now.

It still doesn’t work.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Tomdickinson86 I'm sorry to see your broadband connection isn't working. It's difficult for us to see the cause for this because we can't fully test your line before the order has completed.

Could you advise what lights are showing on your router and which if any are flashing?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

Power light green, WiFi green, broadband flashing green
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Tomdickinson86 This indicates your router isn't physically connecting to the line for some reason. Could you quickly run through the troubleshooting steps Here to rule out any issue with the internal wiring?

If you're still unable to connect we'll unfortunately need to raise a fault with our suppliers once the order has completed and likely arrange an engineer visit on the back of the fault report.

Apologies for the continued issues.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

Arrange another engineer? Meaning I need to take a fourth day off work in order to resolve this?

I do hope you’re joking

I’ll have to top up my data again soon due to all these delays. This is by far the most expensive internet I’ve ever tried to get set up.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Tomdickinson86 

I wish I had an alternative solution for you, but that's likely the only option we'd have to take if line tests don't show an external fault when the order eventually completes in the BT systems.

Definitely worth making sure your router is connected into the master socket though as if there's any possibility this is an internal wiring issue, it could be easily resolved by trying the master/test socket.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Then there’s the fundamental test to confirm that there is dial tone and that it’s the right number ... but that needs a handset - either bought or borrowed.

Remote tests can indicate that the circuit is OK ... but such tests cannot verify the the circuit Is terminated in the correct premises. The simple ability to place a call on the line and have it answered could eliminate (or identify) the possibility of a misrouted line. The absence of a handset makes that impossible.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Townman I think at this stage checking the line with a phone handset won’t help as it wouldn’t change the fact we’d likely need to arrange another appointment. That’d be decided on what the line tests as when the order completes. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

I’m being told it’ll be set up in the next 24 hours by one of your phone team now. No visit needed. Everyone I speak to tells me something different.

I still don’t have internet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Tomdickinson86 thanks for getting back to us. I think there’s some confusion here. The order is completed on the Openreach systems so I’d doubt but I’m happy to be wrong that anything will happen between now and the order simply completing on BT’s side as that’s just system related. Your router is physically not in sync to the broadband equipment at the exchange so this will require an engineer assuming there’s no setup or wiring issue on your side.

Unfortunately occasionally there can be such a thing as ‘too many cooks’ or in this context, advisers working on a problem advising different things and tackling from different angles.

While it’s your decision if you’d want to continue to phone us, feel free to leave this with both myself and my colleague @SammyM and we’ll keep on top of this and make sure you’re online ASAP.

Again I understand the experience you’ve having is terrible and I do sincerely apologise. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

How are you keeping on top of anything? This has completely got out of hand now. The only thing that has changed anything is me finding out that fibre isn’t in my area, and someone suggesting a month down the line that a solution would be for me to switch to broadband.

Everything else you have just let happen at snails pace, with no adjustment at all. I’m am incredibly angry at my treatment through this. All I ever hear is sorry, and it means nothing to me now, if people are really sorry then they change what they’re doing. You aren’t sorry as nothing has changed with my order, you’re giving me nothing but words, and I still do not have internet.

Please DO something. I’m sick of this.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Tomdickinson86 

I’m sorry to see you feel that way although I understand the frustration by the process.

Following your fibre order failing, in summary we’ve taken these steps so far:

• Placed new line installation
  • Expedited that order
  • Engineer went out asap to complete the phone order
  • Expedited the linked broadband order
  • Broadband order completed in Openreach systems although we’re waiting for this to complete in the BT systems
  • Once the order has fully completed if you still can’t connect then we’ll have to progress this as a fault booking an engineer

Again I understand and appreciate the frustration by the process however there isn’t anything more we can do apart from make sure there’s no delay between the steps we have to take. 

It’s not as straightforward as for example calling an engineer to connect you, there’s a process both ourselves and our suppliers follow.

I’m all for out of the box thinking and if there was anything else we could do I’m happy to try should it be feasible and viable. 

I’ll check up on the progress first thing when I’m in office in around an hour’s time. Happy to call you back at some point today to try to explain a bit better if you’d be free for a call?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning @Tomdickinson86 I've got in touch with our suppliers to chase up the progress of the broadband order completion in the BT systems and I've been advised that their provision team haven't picked this up yet so the adviser is emailing to chase this up. I've also raised what's known as an 'official' escalation with our suppliers to try to get this sorted today.

As soon as we know more I'll be sure to let you know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

That means nothing to me. I still don’t have internet. Your call centre advisor tells me it’ll be another 24 hours.

I’ve been told ‘another 24 hours’ every day this week. I can now see that everyone’s job is to delay delay delay. My original completion date for this broadband was 24th. It looks like you’ve done nothing to speed it up. Nothing to expedite my internet despite over a month of waiting.

I am very angry and upset. I still don’t have internet.