cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Atrocious call wait times, billing issues

Glorfindel

I just signed up online.  Trying to give a MAC key. Every call I've made (5 attempts at different times of day and night) the recorded message (almost gleefully) tells me wait times of 1 hr,"sixty minutes"due to high call volumes and then some bleeting about recuiting for a new Leeds call centre.  I would have been charged for each of these calls (nice bit of racketeering there, PlusNet) and so gave up.
My previous ISP was the same ..... these companies are all "managed" with limited call centre resource and and are intentionally and deliberatley hard wired NOT to actually talk to thier customers.
Had received a standard letter , having subscribed and paid my 1 yr Line Rental deal (£140). The letter states a MAC key is required when "Switching to PlusNet from another provider". Not surprising. After some searching I see that itt is possible to input online but unless you have convenient intenet access somewhere else that isnt an option. I do have that access and when I login it tells me that they actually dont need the MAC key afterall. Which is it PLusNet ? I now have my doubts as to whether broadband will go live on the date stated. Just plug in in my ADSL router (not a Plusnet one) and go ?    Hmmmmm. 
Mixed feelings aboyut my decision to change to PlusNet. Even if I go live easily and on time , I am just tired of not being able to phone my ISP on simple matters. I know it costs to pay staff but you design your business and charge accordingly.
1 REPLY 1
eblakeborough
Grafter

Hi Glorfindel, apologies about the wait times you've been experiencing. As you've mentioned we are in the process of trying to sort out the wait times its just taking a while to get Leeds up and running.
The calls are free to the 0800 number is your calling from a landline and the 0345 number is classed as a landline number which can be useful if your calling from a mobile, I understand it's not much of a consolation but it's the bets we can do regarding the telephone numbers.
I have taken a look at your account and can confirm that the MAC is not required. Activation is proceeding as planned and if you use your current router all you will need to do is enter your new details into the router once you have your go live confirmation and it should work.
Let us know if you have any other problems Smiley