cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Engineer no show and now a £50 fee

touc82

[RESOLVED] Engineer no show and now a £50 fee

Well, I booked for a fibre install and arranged to be at home and guess what ? Yup, no show from the BT engineer.
I've opened a call (#65869827) and BT insist they did turn up, but there was no answer. I was in all day and there was no engineer, so we are at a bit of an impass. I've got no intention of paying £50. In cases such as this what are my options ?
Grateful to hear from anyone else that has experienced similar issues and what they did to resolve it.
7 REPLIES 7
rja
Grafter

Re: Engineer no show and now a £50 fee

Tell 'em you'll see them in court?
Seriously, you have a contract with Plusnet to provide a service. Not with BTOR so any penalty BTOR want to try to impose is against Plusnet. Plusnet have to try to recover the costs from you. If you're in the right, tell them that you're not going to pay.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry to hear about the missed visit.
I'm going to make sure we query this with our suppliers as in my opinion the engineer could have easily tried calling you.
I'm not sure if you've seen but a new appointment has been booked and the details are on ticket 65869827.
We may not be able to waive the full installation fee I'm afraid but we will be applying a gesture of good will when the service has been installed.
Adam
EDIT:
Just letting you know that I've replied to your PM, you definitely won't be charged £50, it shouldn't have been mentioned. I'm sorry you were given that impression, I will be passing on some feedback about that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
touc82

Adam,
Thanks for the clarification.
I see the engineer revist is booked for the 27/2, is there anything I need to do to confirm this ? I would hate for the 27th to come and no engineer to turn up due to some 'misunderstanding'
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is there any chance with your address that the engineer might have called at the wrong property? We've seen that before.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi touc82,
We've now received confirmation from our suppliers that the afternoon slot on the 27th is booked for you, you don't need to do anything further to confirm it yourself.
touc82

Re: [RESOLVED] Engineer no show and now a £50 fee

Well,
The 27th came and the BT engineer turn up. Apparently there was a pre-existing fault on the line which he rectified and then installed the BT modem without a problem. The modem sync'd but the router would not authenticate. A couple of reboots later and all is well. I'll speed test the line in a couple of weeks, but so far so good.
Steve
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: [RESOLVED] Engineer no show and now a £50 fee

Great news, really glad it got fixed and thanks for letting us know. If the speed doesn't uplift as it should then please let us know and we'll do what we can.