Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quoting Average Speed Statistics.

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Quoting Average Speed Statistics.

Seeing the speeds that the average customer can expect does not give any indication about what a below average speed could be and what percentage of customers are in this unfortunate situation. It probably would not be good marketing!

The reality is that a lot of customers are permanently saddled with slow speeds as a consequence of the poor quality of lines in their area. This is not a fault of PN but it does make customers unhappy when the connection does not meet their expectation.

PN know what their customer sync speeds are. I wonder if they might be brave enough to publish some statistics or at least make them available to customers on request? 

I make this comment as somebody unlikely to see a PN Average on my system in my lifetime..... Oh well.

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Quoting Average Speed Statistics.

@TeeGee 

Plusnet tell you what your estimated speeds will be when you sign up after which you have two weeks to cancel if you’re not happy.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

@Baldrick1 

I am fully aware of that but you misunderstood the point I was making.......

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Why would any ISP publish the average synch speeds, they have no control over them. Sync speeds are purely down to line quality and length of line. Only Openreach have any infulence on that...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

@MisterW

Because if the industry actually did care about slow speeds it might provide a stick to beat OR with, as well as personal statistical interest as to how far below the median one actually is.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@TeeGee  should the stick not be pointed at the customer? I mean anyone these days moving to a property should be checking Broadband speeds before they move.

Telecoms infrastructure costs money, customers just want speed, but not pay much for it. If everyone payed a bit more we could have more speed, but people don't want to do that. 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Feedback

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

@Mustrum

Another gem of a comment!  I suppose I should self flagellate for not checking the future broadband sped when I moved to this property 38 years ago!  Could be that was why it was so cheap then!!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Because if the industry actually did care about slow speeds it might provide a stick to beat OR with

I think most of the industry would love a stick to beat OR with, problem is they dont have one! In the absence of an alternative supplier ( Virgin excepted ) then most ISPs have no choice but OR. The only stick around to beat OR with is OFCOM and their stick doesnt seem to work very well!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.