cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question......

stormchaser2005
Grafter

Question......

When is compensation not compensation......  That would be when plusnet fail to follow through on their offer. Shouldn't be surprised really, they failed to fix my broadband problem, I had to do that myself. They've failed to resolve my complaint, not holding my breath on that. Now they've failed to keep me as a customer. After 5 years of no problems this is the nail in the coffin, have MAC will travel. Grieves me to pay exit fees that would have been almost covered by the compensation that failed to be applied but it will be worth it in the long run to be rid.
9 REPLIES 9
Cruise85
Grafter

Re: Question......

Apologies for the confusion , however from reviewing your account I can see that your complaint was actioned, the issue was resolved and you accepted a gesture of good will in regards to the resolution to the matter
As such I fail to see how we have not fulfilled what you requested. Your refunds was actioned and the 2 free months service was applied, which from reviewing the complaint I can confirm that the gesture was a gracious one which you accepted.
As such, I am sorry to hear that you are leaving Plusnet and wish you every luck with your new provider
stormchaser2005
Grafter

The last I heard of my complaint was a letter from you in November apologising for taking so long to resolve it and advising me of my right to take it further. I have heard nothing since. This morning however I received an email advising me of exit charges for my telephone line as I'm leaving within my minimum contract???  I know a couple of years ago I signed up to a new contract with my broadband but I wasn't aware you'd tagged my phone into that too. Can't seem to find any emails advising me of it either so if you cannot provide evidence to show that I agreed to this I don't think you need me to tell you what to do with your exit fees
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Just to clarify; the charges only relate to the broadband. The only thing we have close to a contractual element for the phone is the "Line Rental Saver".
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
stormchaser2005
Grafter

The email I have received refers only to my phone and states if I also move my broadband the bill will increase. I had an earlier email with my MAC which gave me the estimated final bill for the broadband.

When your phone service moves

"As you're moving your phone service before the end of your minimum term, you'll need to pay a charge for the remaining months.
Based on your transfer date, we've calculated this to be £54.25."
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there,
My apologies for this, it seems that this message was sent to you erroneously. I have made sure that this has been fed back, but the charges on your account are based on the broadband.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
stormchaser2005
Grafter

Hmmmm why do I have the feeling that you are going to try and  take both quoted amounts from my account in a couple of weeks? Roll_eyes
JTaylor
Grafter

I can assure you that won't be the case. As per a couple of emails we've sent your cancellation fees break down as follows:
Remaining Unlimited profit forgone fee  £54.25
Broadband service refund for 17 days - £9.63
Notice period (days): 14
Total outstanding fees: £44.62
I hope this clears this up for you.
stormchaser2005
Grafter

Actually jack I have had 2 emails one about broadband giving the breakdown you posted and quoting £44 and the other about my landlines quoting £54. Please do not try to imply that this is a mistake at my end where I have misunderstood what you are telling me. You have emailed stating I will be charged 2 different amounts.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Can you let me know if the email has an 'email ref' at the bottom? I've checked your account and can only see 2 emails where we've worked out the costs as Jack has listed.
Alternatively can you copy the relevant part of the email here so we can see what's going on?

Nevermind, I've found it. To confirm, the amount you'd need to pay is the one shown by Jack.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.