cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about line rental on plus.net

Pretender
Grafter

Question about line rental on plus.net

Hiya when i switched over to plus.net BT owed me around £65 i was expecting a refund but bt seems to have paid my line rental with the refund money which is good but what happens when the money has run out? will plus.net take over and i pay them for the line rental or will BT control the line rental payments until i cancel?
Also i might be going to OZ for a year or so i didnt opt in for the 1 month rolling contract i think(silly of me). is there any way of just making sure it gets cancelled at the end instead of it rolling over and taking payment until i cancel due to not wanting to phone from OZ and waste alot of money calling.
Also the same goes for BT line rental, if i do go(waiting for confirmation from a friend) to OZ can i just cancel my BT line rental anytime ? as i dont think they do contracts on line rentals so would i be able to cancel the line rental and just pay plus.net the monthly fee until the end of the 1 year.
sorry if this doesnt make sence im trying my best to make it readable Cheesy
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Question about line rental on plus.net

Taking two things separately
Broadband - you will be liable for the cancellation charge whether you cancel when you go to Oz or when the phone line is disconnected by BT
Phone - is there any reason why you want to keep the phone live when you go to Oz. If not why not just cancel at that time or after October 2010 whichever is the later to take advantage of the reduced cancellation charges
Have a read of this http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/news/2010/06/nr_20100617
Alternatively bite the bullet and pay the £7.50 or £8 per month when you go to Oz - it's your choice
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...
Pretender
Grafter

hmm so if i cancel my BT line rental plus.net will charge me the remainder of my plus.net broadband what ever that will be,
i dont use the line for calling people i only get charged for line rental from BT
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

No.
You are on a 10 day contract with Plusnet
If you cancel then the charges will be as shown https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary
This will be the cancellation charge of £25 plus any deferred charges you have such as house move, activation or router which drop off after 12 months. Whatever they are they should be shown on the link.
Pretender
Grafter

18/03/2010   Plusnet Value with included 10GB bandwidth   £11.99(monthly)   Complete

View order status
Upgrade
Data transfer usage
Update payment details
18/03/2010 - Deferred Setup £40.00(upon cancellation) Activated
View details
- - Cessation charge £25.00(upon cancellation) Activated
ahh so it will cost £65 pound to cancel the contract? i didnt get a router with plus.net i am using my own
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Correct - and please stop quoting the previous post as I keep having to change it  Grin
Pretender
Grafter

sorry :D. awesome cheers for clearing all of this up very helpful thankyou so much!