cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pusnet Router/Modem

willbe

Pusnet Router/Modem

I'm sorry to say this Plusnet but your Modem/Router you send out are rubbish! I am disabled and my router is installed upstairs where the Phone line comes in, I have WiFi connection to my TV and tablet so when downstairs i can get connected.
The problem is I go 20 feet from the router and have no WiFi signal, is it possible for me to use a different router  for example a Belkin?
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Pusnet Router/Modem

Hi there,
Yes, any ADSL/ADSL2+ router will work fine with our service, it's just a matter of putting in your username and password for the connection. Sorry you're not finding the 582n particularly good.
Dmitchell
Grafter

Hi there.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles with the wireless on our router. It should certainly be able to hold a strong signal beyond 20 feet.
You can use any ADSL2+ router with our broadband service as long as you're able to amend the username and password details in the router, this enables you to connect to us with your details.
Before you do this though, have you tried searching/changing the wireless channel that you are connected to? It could just be there there's a high amount of interference with the current channel that you're on.
I've checked on your account and I can see that you are currently using out TG582n router, this is the most recent router we have and supports up to "N" technology.
Take a look at the links below and let us know if you manage to get it sorted:
Improve your wireless signal
Changing your wireless channel
If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
willbe

Thanks for the reply, i have tried everything to get a better signal but its still the same, i will try a different router see if that helps.
Thanks.