cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposed FAQ for people with data Integity problems

JuliaCh
Dabbler

Proposed FAQ for people with data Integity problems

See this thread :- https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Please-raise-an-ORDI-Openreach-Data-Integrity-reque...

Plusnet could usefully add into their FAQ's one about Data Integirty problems that prevent suppliers recognising whether a particular phone number/address can receive a particular service.

The FAQ should include details of how to check if they have an issue (checker accessed by both Phone and Address) along with support contact details if the issue exists.

13 REPLIES 13
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Proposed FAQ for people with data Integity problems

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Feedback.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Cheers for the feedback.

I've had a think about this and can't see what we'd say apart from to contact us through the details we already provide Here

These type of issues are relatively rare I'd say, but can normally be fixed quickly from our side. 

But thanks again for the feedback! 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JuliaCh
Dabbler

I agree, Plusnet + community has resolved this well, but if you think about the person who hasn't a clue as to where to start and can't understand why Plusnet/BT offer service but others don't - a clue as to the problem would be useful.  Not plusnets problem but in the interest of the few of us that experience this some better resolution signposted somewhere on the internet would be helpful.

Plusnet could take the lead?  - and perhaps the credit for offering great service!!!

Rgs

Simon

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Absolutely happy to pass your feedback on, but all someone would really need to do is simply contact us if we’re their service provider and we’ll sort. Smiley

Also all service providers who use Openreach as the supplier can raise ORDIs, it’s not limited to Plusnet or BT.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JuliaCh
Dabbler

I did try, but nothing in FAQ's. Got directed to Forum where I had to prove I had an issue, other members suggested ideas and went through 2 Moderators before I got to someone who could fix. Don't think I'm not grateful - but - Even better if !!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, the ways someone can contact us are here https://www.plus.net/contact-us/ which is by phone on 0800 432 0200, Twitter, Facebook and Community support. Appreciate the feedback still though!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Gandalf 

I think the core merit of a FAQ is being missed here.  This is far more than understanding who / where to contact in a situation where it is REALISED that an ORDI is required.  There first needs to be the realisation that such is necessary.

This user started off in the "place" of BTOR systems (as used by other suppliers?) reporting that there was no FTTC available to their premises .... whilst clearly there is, as Plusnet is supplying such.  From that point a FAQ might cover...

1. Why does BT OR systems report that there is no service at the place I am already supplied service?
  2. What issue needs to be addresses?
  3. Who is responsible for resolving the issue (new supplier or existing supplier)?
  4. How do I engage with that party?
  5. What information is required

This is far more than getting the ORDI processed (which AIUI can only be done by the line holder - in this case Plusnet), but realising that such is required.  Looking at a third party site and not finding one's premises listed does not naturally lead one to consider that it is the current supplier who needs to do something.

You say that in incidences are rare - but we see enough of them around here for them to be readily recognisable.  Given that you believe them to be quite rare, would it be likely that ANY front line customer services rep requested to process an ORDI would in fact know what that is / required?

There is nearly a case for suggesting if it is so rare that there is more merit in having a FAQ if only to assist the support staff! 🤔 😉

If only BT Openreach were able to sort out their own issues, we would not be having this conversation - but hey, that's like asking for near perfection!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

A month on ... nudge!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

1. There was a data integrity issue
  2. In this case, an ORDI needed to be raised
  3. Existing provider
  4. If Plusnet then from the contact details here https://www.plus.net/contact-us/
  5. For the customer to explain the issue from their point of view so the adviser can fix

All advisers should be able to handle this as it should be in the process flows which they’d follow for guidance. 

There’d be little value to provide FAQs and it would overcomplicate things. If something’s not right then ultimately again, you’d just need to contact us.

If you say that it’s not natural for someone to contact us as their service provider for this type of issue, then in my opinion, FAQs won’t help as they’ll be on our site. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I guess I will just give up trying here!

Yes it is all nice and easy when you understand the issues and know the answers.  The whole point of a FAQ is to fill the knowledge gap where the issue is not understood and the answers are not obvious.

This one starts something like ... "I am already getting XYZ service from Plusnet, but ABC says I cannot get that same service from 123 provider ... why is that?".

It is far from obvious that this is an issue for Plusnet to fix rather than ABC or 123!  Even after knowing that, it seems to have taken an inordinate length of time to get the ORDI processed.

I have had brought to my attention perceptions and concern that the profile of support / sharing of solutions here is not what it used to be... they described such as dumbing down below that of the BT & EE forums.  Sad that long standing members around here should have acquired that perception!

🤐

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Personally I still don't see the benefit of having FAQs for this on our own site as the contact us page is not far away. 

I had though already passed your feedback on internally, but I can't guarantee a change. 

Also we do try to provide as much detail as possible here about a problem to put knowledge into the Community. 

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JuliaCh
Dabbler

Thanks - as part of your feedback, note that the contact page for support didn't work and that the only way my problem was resolved was when some kindly forum surfers suggested I tried some 'diagnostic' tools which demonstrated there was a problem and only then, when faced with that evidence, did the Plusnet folk take any notice.

Rgs

Simon

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Simon,

I suggest you make the case well for a FAQ on this subject.