cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper customer service from Dumbledore (wakas)

sueedwards
Hooked

Proper customer service from Dumbledore (wakas)

I know people are quick to complain but I have nothing but praise for the community support and especially from Dumbledore.

On the 5th June I noticed that my Order had stalled (two weeks with nothing) so I came on to the forum and put up a post asking what I could do next because the chat option was down.

Dumbledore (Wakas) messaged me and said he will look at it, within 4 hours my old line was disconnected and my Plusnet line was up and running as was my Fibre.

Im not sure what he done but he went above and beyond what he needed to do in my opinion and the following day I got notification of the small credit back on to my account.

Today (Saturday) I have just received a nice bar of chocolate from Wakas that will be put in the fridge and enjoyed tonight.

Now just to advise people that if you have an issue just be courteous and polite, I do believe that if you treat people properly you get things sorted quicker.

Thanks

Sue

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Proper customer service from Dumbledore (wakas)

@sueedwards wrote:

Im not sure what he done but he went above and beyond what he needed to do in my opinion and the following day I got notification of the small credit back on to my account.

You have to remember @sueedwards that @Dumbledore is a wizard so it would have been an easy fix. Grin

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@sueedwards wrote:

I know people are quick to complain but I have nothing but praise for the community support and especially from Dumbledore.

Now just to advise people that if you have an issue just be courteous and polite, I do believe that if you treat people properly you get things sorted quicker.

Thanks

Sue

If only more people would think like that, this forum - and the world - would be a nicer place. Thanks for your post @sueedwards .

John
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Community Site Feedback to  Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

As @Anonymous mentioned, @Dumbledore and @Gandalf are wizards.  I don't know whether they got their names because of their ability to cut through red tape, or whether they can cut through red tape because of their names.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Gandalf has been around these parts for many years, indeed back to time most have forgotten when he used to travel by a different name.

@Dumbledore is something of a comparatively new wizard seeking to emulate the mighty one … and clearly getting there!

Remember though, Gandalf has acquired the ring which binds them all!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @sueedwards

Thank you for taking your time to write this positive feedback, I really do appreciate this and I am pleased I was able to help with your query Smiley

We are always happy to help via this support channel and do our best within the Community to aid each other. I hope we will be seeing you around on this Forum more often.

Glad to hear you received the chocolate bar I sent, hope you enjoy the treat Cool

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hahaha good summary @Townman Cool

@Gandalf has been around forever (some say he existed before the dawn of time). He has experience in all aspects of the business whether it be Tech, Provisioning, Mobile, etc. Gandalf knows all and has a great amount of experience within Plusnet. He is passionate about the Community Forum and you will see him around here often Smiley

Myself, I do have the above experience except for Technical support (I only know the very basics). There are alot of users on this Community Forum who are much smarter than me when it comes to Technical support related queries.

It's coming close to my first year anniversary with the Social Media team, however, I have been working at Plusnet for 2+ years. Prior to myself joining the Social Media Team, I worked in Provisioning and handled Provisioning complaints, hence why you may spot me handling Prov queries on the Community Forum.

I am not here to outshine Gandalf's well-earnt Community status, I am simply just trying my best to help our Customers and hopefully be a valuable asset to the Community Smiley

But I do have a confession to make......I did name myself Dumbledore in honour of Gandalf. I never told him this, I always led him to believe I was just a 'randomer' who joined the Social Media team and coincidentally named myself Dumbledore. But, I will reveal my secret, as it caused me countless nights of losing sleep due to the guilt I hold. See the truth is prior to me joining the Social Media team I was coached by members with the department to get me 'prepped' for the role. I noticed Gandalf was pretty much everywhere on the Forum, therefore, I decided once I did join, I would name myself Dumbledore and see if he spotted the fellow wizard and his reaction. Indeed he did, my first post, Gandalf commented on and sent me a message hahaha Tongue

From that day on there were two Wizards on the Community Forum. Although, I do sometimes get mistaken for @Gandalf Roll_eyes

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Dumbledore and so the student becomes the master.

I can finally retire the way I've always dreamed of: 

Screenshot 2019-06-10 at 19.03.38.png

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Student? I hope you know I am the Head of an entire Wizarding school!

My name frightens the most corrupt and evil Witches and Wizards.

I believe Gandalf the GREY, may need to get devoured by them Sharks in that picture. Hopefully, in his 2nd life he can do alot more than just stopping one Balrog with a whip Wink

gandalf-vs-dumbledore pos.jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Townman wrote:

@Gandalf has been around these parts for many years, indeed back to time most have forgotten when he used to travel by a different name.

Ssshh, we don't speak of them dark times. Lips_are_sealed

@Dumbledore is something of a comparatively new wizard seeking to emulate the mighty one … and clearly getting there! Remember though, Gandalf has acquired the ring which binds them all!

Actually Gandalf refused the One Ring when Frodo offered it to him as it would yield a power too terrible to imagine. Cool_smiley

@Dumbledore wrote:

Student? I hope you know I am the Head of an entire Wizarding school!

Settle down now Dumbledore. Tongue

My name frightens the most corrupt and evil Witches and Wizards.

I defeated a demon from the ancient world and also the leader of my Order. I also survived.:D

I believe Gandalf the GREY, may need to get devoured by them Sharks in that picture. Hopefully, in his 2nd life he can do alot more than just stopping one Balrog with a whip Wink

Gandalf is first and foremost an adviser, a counsellor guiding people onto the path.

I'd change my profile picture to Gandalf the White but I like that lego picture too much.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet