cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promised £70 cashback for moving to Plusnet

Gondola

Promised £70 cashback for moving to Plusnet

I'm really pleased with the switch of unlimited broadband and phone to Plusnet and being kept in touch by text at each stage of the transfer.
The incentive for switching was when the Quidco cashback offer went from £38 to £70 so I signed up on 1 Jan 2013.  However, the cashback was tracked at only £38 and has been paid at only £38.  I've had to raise a claim for the missing £32.  Quidco say they made Plusnet aware of the wrong amount tracking and expected the £70 to be confirmed when the purchase was confirmed.
What I'd like to know - are the Plusnet team aware of this (potentially reputation damaging) issue and is it being resolved with Quidco or is the cashback handled by an intermediary?  Maybe Quidco have received the full cashback but because it tracked at less then only the lower amount has been paid?  It would be useful to know that Plusnet are on top of this.
6 REPLIES 6
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Promised £70 cashback for moving to Plusnet

Hi there,
I've chased this up for you and can we've not had a query raised with us regarding your account. It may be that that are still to get in -contact with us or maybe I'd suggest raising this with them again to see what is currently happening and when they get in-touch with us I'll let you know.
Chris
Gondola

Quidco state that they have contacted Plusnet to report that only £38 of the £70 cashback has been paid to them and that there is a claim from me for the missing £32.  They also point out on their site that they are instructed by Plusnet to delay claims by 30 days and that according to their stats it takes Plusnet around 4 months to pay a cashback claim... despite Plusnet being 'faster paying'. 
I'm sure that Plusnet's image is being tarnished by these 'affiliate' companies.  It would benefit Plusnet to use the marketing budget elsewhere. 
Repeating my earlier ask... are Plusnet now aware of my claim for the missing £32 of cashback?  Have Plusnet paid out the full £70 of cashback to Quidco? 
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've given our marketing team a heads up to check on both your claim and the things that quidco are saying there. We should have an update for you later on today.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, got an update - I'm afraid as you applied before the 14th the cashback amount is correct, so there's not actually anything missing.
Regarding the delays, I suspect this is more down to us needing to wait for the account and service to activate rather than a set 30 day wait time.
Hope that helps explain.
Gondola

Regrettably Matt you are wrong in your assertion.  I ask you to escalate this claim to a competent Plusnet manager.  I signed up to Plusnet on 1 Jan 2013 and at that time Quidco were promoting a £70 cashback.  There are plenty of other customers posting in these very forums and on moneysavingexpert.com that signed up to the same deal during its campaign period.
If your maketing team are going to deny the claim then as entering into the contract was based upon an inducement to receive a cashback and since this has not been paid in full the contract has not been met by Plusnet.
It is now my intention to make a formal complaint.  Plusnet might be technically competent but when it comes to billing and honouring deals Plusnet are not going to receive my recommendation or future custom.
jtemplar
Dabbler

Quote from: Matt
Right, got an update - I'm afraid as you applied before the 14th the cashback amount is correct, so there's not actually anything missing.
Regarding the delays, I suspect this is more down to us needing to wait for the account and service to activate rather than a set 30 day wait time.
Hope that helps explain.

I signed-up with Plusnet via Quidco on Tuesday 8th January, as I mentioned here, and the cashback was definitely listed as £70 then.
I am still waiting for my claim, (lodged with Quidco on 11 Jan) to be dealt with, although Quidco say Plusnet take up to four months.
While offering cashback undoubtedly attracts new customers the repeated failure to promptly honor the deal may ultimately have a negative effect on Plusnet's business.