Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change woes.

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Product change woes.

Hi, not really a complaint.... more an observation.

I decided to change both my broadband and home telephone products online. The process was both quick amd simple.  I was increasing  my broadband because we are using BBC iplayer nightly , and for second time I had exceeded my monthly allowance. The telephone was a change of product.
When I got my bill, I found they the broadband change had gone through ok. However, the home telephone change had almost!  I had been charged for the  old product.  
When I phoned to query this I was told that I hadnt made the changes early enough and the bill had been generated already.  As I pointed out, both changes were made at the same time, so how come one was made and the other was 'too late'?
Only a difference of a few pounds....not gonna break the bank, but does make you wonder if this is a deliberate money making ploy or did I hit the bill generation on the cusp.
As I said, not a complaint...just an observation.
2 REPLIES 2
Mand
Grafter

Re: Product change woes.

Hi there,
It was unfortunate timing I'm afraid. Home phone billing stops the day *before* you're due to be billed. As this is the day you scheduled the changes (in the evening) the change was too late to be scheduled for the current billing month. Your broadband product change was done on the actual billing date. Your home phone change will take place on the next billing date.
I've credited you the difference between the two products to make up for the timing inconsistencies. Hope that sorts it for you. Smiley
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Product change woes.

Thanks Mand, much appreciated.  the credit, though appreciated ,wasn't really necessary.  The explanation of the way the dates run has explained my mistake.  I obviously  missed the information in the small print.
As the error is mine, I will donate the amount credited to a local charity ( the Pidley mountain rescue team).  Smiley