cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change

bighippo999
Grafter

Product Change

Over the years of being with plusnet and recommending to everyone I've ended up changing packages for people quite a bit. Normally it's come back that the change will happen on the next billing date, but I've always raised a ticket and some helpful person on support has been able to change it straight over.
I tried to change someone's package last week and raised a ticket to get this done asap so they didn't run out of allowance, but had it bounced back saying they couldn't do this because of system limitations (or some such).
Now the accounts hit it's 15gb limit and has another 16 days to go.
Since when can't support manually change packages and pro-rata?
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Product Change

dont know what ancient package they are on  at 15G but its possible that you are going to a cheaper package, that is where the restriction hits in
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You've been very lucky to get immediate changeovers done in the past - it's pretty rare for that to be done, and given how flaky the billing system is these days it's something I'd steer well clear of!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

It's not something agents can do these days, because it can cause problems with billing or mess up data which governs billing dates, account changes and contracts.
Best to be avoided.
What product are they moving from and to?
bighippo999
Grafter

Hi,
Their currently on 'PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 2 with included 15GB bandwidth' and moving to 'PlusNet Extra'. Ticket # 39181390.
It is a pretty ancient package, but then most of the changes I've done have been old more expensive packages moving to the newer ones with more allowance.
Was only really trying to push this one through cause I used up most of his allowance and feeling a bit guilty now he's run out Smiley