Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with AUP reporting on email?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Problems with AUP reporting on email?

For each of the last 5 or 6 weeks I've received "Email AUP exceeded" emails.
On each occasion (as evidenced by usage listings on tickets) I have reduced my usage below the AUP.
HOWEVER each subsequent email is worded as though the matter has not been addressed - "dispite our request to reduce your usage, your usage remains above the AUP" (I paraphrase).
It would appear that reducing usage below the AUP does not clear the 'previously over AUP flag'.
I have also recently culled a lot of email - will check that it was removed from deleted folders on return home; in the meantime can someone please review the week to week AUP transgression reporting?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Problems with AUP reporting on email?

Did you compress compact the folders after deleting messages? The empty space might still count as taken up until compression compaction is done.
Edit: change compress to compact. Embarrassed
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Surely compression only applies to the local copies of the folders, not the folders on the server?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Oops, I meant "compact" to eliminate freed-up space in the IMAP folders.
I've corrected my previous post.
David
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

David / Jevl (aka spoon whittler),
I did do that on one of my clean up activities, though it is not something I do consistently.  If it has any bearing on PlusNet's assessment of utilisation, then it ought to be included in the advice on reducing email storage size in the very matter-of-fact like email.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.