Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems...... again

RyanGould
Grafter

Problems...... again

Hello,
We have been having problems yet again unfortunately. Our broadband speeds are fine and out home phone service is fine, unfortunately though the broadband is STILL cutting out several times a day. It especially likes dropping out while my partner is trying to upload her work which she must do on a daily basis.
We can't afford this and we need a solid, stable connection throughout the day at the very least. It seems since our move we have had nothing but trouble which brings me to my experience today.
I rang plus net yet AGAIN to report the fault and I was put through to a very unhelpful person. First he would not let me log into our account despite me providing him with our username and password several times. Then he was very rude, speaking over me when I was trying to explain the fault which followed in me threatening to leave plus net if the issue is not resolved, to my surprise the response was something along the lines of "If you want to leave then be my guest".
Appalling customer service in anyone's book. We still have the issue with the internet cutting off and we need it resolving ASAP, when is it going to get sorted?
19 REPLIES 19
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Problems...... again

If you log into "My Account" at https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions&?helpheader=questions and have a look at both the open and recently closed questions and see if you can find a ticket ID with a note relating to your call and then post the ticket ID back here, someone will be able to track down the agent responsible.
In relation to the problem itself, to you hear any crackling noises on the line when making a phone call?
RyanGould
Grafter

No static on the line, also there is no ticket on the help centre. The last recorded fault / report on there is on the 4/412
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If the agent accessed the account in any way and you can give an approximate time of the call the Digital Care staff will be able to track down the recording.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RyanGould
Grafter

I'm done messing about finding this and posting that.
I want the fault fixing, I couldn't care less about the person I spoke too's attitude problem.
dsw
Grafter

I understand your frustration but in the interest of other customers, if what you're saying about the conversation is true then I think you should post the information so this individual can be dealt with. It's not giving Plusnet a very good image if they've got somebody on the front line like that.
jim:quote
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: RyanGould
I'm done messing about finding this and posting that.
I want the fault fixing, I couldn't care less about the person I spoke too's attitude problem.

Whilst understanding your need to rant,  unless you can post some information for us to work on we can't help much. jelv has already made one suggestion that will enable Digital Care to deal with that issue.
Are you saying there are no open tickets on your account addressing your fault?  - if so, it's no wonder it's not getting fixed - but, who do you pay your line rental to, Plusnet or BT?
On 21/3/12 you posted that you had intermittent noise on your line, having read through the whole of that thread and had a quick glance a the previous threads, it is obvious that you have an intermittent line fault which needs to be reported as a Phone fault. However there is no point in reporting it when the noise is not present as you will undoubtedly get told that if a fault is found in your own equipment or no fault is found you may end up with a bill of  well it was £60+ but it may have gone up.
If you can post the stats from your modem/router - what we need to see are the Sync speed (Bandwidth), Attenuation and Noise Margin (SNRM) both Up and Down (click on 'View more' to get all the data). The Uptime would also be handy.
Are you in a Rural/Urban location and do you have much overhead line or is it underground? Intermittent faults are the worst kind both in frustration for the user and for the engineer to locate (although there are a number of obvious starting points!).
Next time the noise is present, plug a known good corded phone direct into the test socket and confirm the noise is present. Phone and report it whilst the noise is present and try and do so before there is an incoming call - ringing current can sometimes "clean" a bad connection and the noise disappears for a period. Tell the Call taker that you are plugged into the test socket with a known good corded phone. Don't mention the broadband otherwise you may get given the run around. Get the call taker to confirm they can hear the noise,  request them to log that fact and the fact that is intermittent.  Request that that detail is passed to the Openreach engineer. These requests are important to make sure you don't get a No fault found bill if an engineer can't find a fault, but if the enginner is aware it's intermittent they should know a few things to check if they are any good.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
If you could advise of the approximate date and time of the call (I assume the 19th, but you haven't said?) then we'll be able to track it down and look into it for you.
Regarding the fault, it might be easier to raise it to us through the troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net which will take you through the tests needed to prove it's not your own equipment or internal wiring and in turn make sure you're not charged for any engineer visits. I realise there was a recent fault ticket but I'm afraid the checks need doing for each instance and you'd be advised the same if you called up.
If you could let us know regarding the call and the fault we'll get things sorted for you.
RyanGould
Grafter

It won't be any internal wiring faults because the filter and the router is going into the test socket. I have tried 2 different filters with the same results so it's not a filter fault and the router is still under 12 month guarantee. While typing this post, our broadband has dropped out yet again. The broadband light on the router was flashing again, It seems to do this several times a day and it needs sorting.
I am fed up to be honest, once our problems were sorted at my old residence your services were spot on. Since the move we have had nothing but trouble.
Anotherone
Champion

It doesn't matter if the router is under guarantee, it could still go faulty, which is why, in the absence of any other fault indicators, you need to confirm it's ok.
You haven't said who you pay line rental to, I'm assuming it's Plusnet nor have you said what the current situation with the intermittent noise on the line is. You need to confirm with a corded phone direct into the test socket (not via a filter). This is to protect you from a large unnecessary bill, and report it in the manner I stated.
Until you sort you phone line out (or confirm some other problem) you will continue to have problems. A cr*p line means cr*p broadband.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Also is there any chance you could give us some details about the call you made so we can look into it please?
RyanGould
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
It doesn't matter if the router is under guarantee, it could still go faulty, which is why, in the absence of any other fault indicators, you need to confirm it's ok.
You haven't said who you pay line rental to, I'm assuming it's Plusnet nor have you said what the current situation with the intermittent noise on the line is. You need to confirm with a corded phone direct into the test socket (not via a filter). This is to protect you from a large unnecessary bill, and report it in the manner I stated.
Until you sort you phone line out (or confirm some other problem) you will continue to have problems. A cr*p line means cr*p broadband.

It does matter if the router is still under guarantee, I am not paying £60 for an engineer to come out and tell me that the router is faulty. Both our phone and BB is with Plusnet, I have said what the situation with the line is in several conversations with PN, I have plugged a cordless phone straight into the test socket, I am not paying any large bills, I have reported the fault via the manner you stated, I know what problems a line fault will cause thank you. I had a line fault last year and had to endure all this before.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Hmmm...
The way this is going I can see it rumbling on for some time - and it won't be Plusnet's fault.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RyanGould
Grafter

So if it's not Plusnets fault, whose fault is it?
It certainly isn't ours. When we moved I brought the exact same equipment over from the old house and plugged it in at the new house.
It is plugged in like this;
Micro filter into the test socket / router and phone plugged in to filter -

Router and phone connected to the filter;
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
As I've already said in this thread, we'll be happy to investigate both things for you.
If you'd be willing to give us some details about the call (time, date and ideally if it was made from one of the numbers on your account so we can find the recording on our systems) we'll make sure it's investigated for you.
Likewise if you raise us a fault via http://faults.plus.net we'll get that looked into as well.
Unfortunately that's the only way we'll be able to get you some kind of resolution on either issue.