cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installations a problem

Chrism2
Grafter

Problem installations a problem

I'm a long time user and referrer of PlusNet to businesses and home users.
In the past year, I've had three instances of problems with PlusNet getting services going.
In January last year; an installation that took some four or five months to sort out.
In summer - a migration from Eclipse that was aborted
And now a fibre installation where you can't find an address where an existing working telephone being billed by BT is active.
Forget the specifics of the cases... there's one thing linking them all. Your ability to manage the cases is really falling wide of the mark. I call; spend huge amounts of time waiting on hold (I now loathe the Human League at a level on par with my hatred of Slade's 'Merry Chirstmas Everybody" after a past life of 10 years of peak seasons in Dixons.) You make promises to call back. You do not. You say you will escalate with suppliers. It makes no difference. You say an issue is being held for a specific team to handle; I wait days (even weeks) for an update. As I handle support for a number of people; I endure your on-hold frequently.
Your broadband service is good. In the past, your support has been excellent. There has been a significant decline in quality though. The message saying your call volume is high appears to be always on now which suggests you are attempting to manage expectations of a long wait all of the time. It was not always this way.
I live in hope you improve.

7 REPLIES 7
Chrism2
Grafter

Re: Problem installations a problem

Example:
No reply to my ticket 95146233 on the account (live since 24th of November).
No update on ticket since 29th December,
No response to my prod on the ticket on the 6th.
Or to my prod on the ticket yesterday.
On the phone (on hold) just now....
At least you've changed the B*****y CD.
Chrism2
Grafter

Ah. No. No you haven't changed the CD.
The Human League; again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Chris,
Really sorry to hear about the problems you've mentioned.
I'm going to take a look at 95146233 shortly so please expect a reply soon.
Please feel free to drop us a reply with ticket IDs relating to the other problems you've mentioned as I'd like to take a look over those with a view to seeing what we can learn and if any feedback needs to be passed on.
EDIT:
Just an update to say we've got one of our most experienced provisioning agents taking this on personally. I'll make between him and myself that we keep on top of this until it's been resolved and pass on any updates as and when we have them.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for speaking with me back then.  Smiley
Bit of a weird one this, so I'll explain if anyone is intrigued.

Chris' client has a working phone line in his property, but no broadband asset. So theoretically it should be an FTTC provision without the MAC, followed by the phone transfer.
We cannot for the life of us locate this line anywhere. I must have checked around twenty different properties within the client's postcode, and all of our requests to Openreache's data integrity guys have come back saying that there's no problem.
I've figured out a way to migrate the phone over so it looks like we'll be transferring this first. The telephone number and a random stab based on postcodes in your locality was enough. Once we have the phone line we should have a bit more jurisdiction on what we can do. So I'll be able to update the records and provision the fibre.
Here's hoping  Roll_eyes

@Chris - You've had a very poor run with this one, and admittedly we could have kept in better touch with you. I'll keep an eye on this until your service is up. My apologies for the hassle it's causing.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Chrism2
Grafter

Thanks Gentlemen. I feel better now.
I'm going to see if I can get a copy of the customers existing BT bill. I wonder if it reveals anything.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In a normal circumstance I'd be asking the customer to contact BT and ask them to update the records to reflect that there is a line at the property. Though I appreciate that that's a bit awkward in this circumstance.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quick update on this, though I'll let you know on the ticket as well.
The order has now been accepted by our suppliers so the phone should be with us by the 23rd  Smiley
Matty