cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem fallen into chasm between Support and abuse@PN ?

MrC
Grafter

Problem fallen into chasm between Support and abuse@PN ?

I have a bit of a problem where I'm receiving network packets in error from another PN user. I've checked the contents of the packets and I've satisfied myself that it's not malicious; it looks like a pretty obvious misconfiguration on their part. I can easily set up a firewall rule to quietly drop these packets however there's a small chance of a flood of these packets taking up a chunk of my bandwidth in the future so I'd really like it fixed at some point. There's also the issue that the other PN user might like to be seeing these packets  Smiley
I dropped the other PN user an email in October to their postmaster address which had no effect - OK it may have been trapped by a spam filter - that's understandable.
I then raised a support call (ID:27366466) on 22/12/08 with PN with all the details including a screendump of a packet trace. After all we're both PN customers, and the problem is easy to see and identify, so I hoped PN could just contact them using their contact details and tell them there's something up with their system.
Support update the call saying I need to send an email to abuse@PN which is a bit strange - it doesn't really seem relevant as we're both PN customers and it's not malicious but WTH, due process etc. so I copy and paste the contents of the support call into an email to abuse@PN (still on 22/12/08). I get a automated response from abuse@PN.
Since then nothing, and the support call is closed automatically without any further updates. The network packets are still arriving.
I accept that things might be delayed as a result of Xmas and New Year but surely someone should have got back to me by now? Do I have to email abuse@PN, or raise another support call to get an update?
(It also seems strange that abuse@PN can't receive and update calls via the PN support call system where both parties are PN customers.)
Thoughts, comments welcome, or should I have approached this differently?
5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Problem fallen into chasm between Support and abuse@PN ?

2 1/2 days and no one from PN has taken ownership of this Roll_eyes
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Flagged up - no staff on yet but I will keep a check
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MrC,
Sorry this seems to be going nowhere. The abuse report will be sat with the networks team who will be looking into it soon, I'll prod them for you as soon as we get back into the office.
MrC
Grafter

Many thanks Anotherone, Oldjim and Orbrey.
Mike
MrC
Grafter

Received an email from abuse@pn today so hopefully all now sorted.
Mike