Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem communicating with new customer -

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Problem communicating with new customer -

I recommended Plus net fibre to my neighbours. They were with Sky and not impressed.
After signing up with PN they were given a date for the service to transfer from Sky- which is  today! 11/11/15
Sky' did their  part and their service was switched off today,  so now the neighbours are without internet but no sign of any PN modem or router.
A phone call to PN support reveals  that there is "a problem" and the order has not gone through. But the neighbours were not told this delay until today (they are on the phone as I type) and they have been told they have to wait 14 more days to be reconnected.
There has clearly been a breakdown in communication here and this isn't good enough service.
The CS Analyst has now said there is nothing more they can do. Well there must be so I would like to see what can be done - and as fast as possible would help!

I can PM this new customers user name to any PN staff who'd is able to assist
7 REPLIES 7
runhare
Aspiring Pro

Re: Problem communicating with new customer -

the problem here boils down to the lack of communication when an issue, such as a hold up occurs & the new customer was not tinformed  This is a systems issue that seems to be all too common. When will companies (eg  PN )  learn that more needs to be done to keep in touch with customers? Good contact is valued above all other things.
gofaster
Rising Star

If the order has not gone through then why have Sky switched their service off?
Did the neighbour tell Sky to do this?
runhare
Aspiring Pro

The customer didn't ask  Sky to switch off the service - they were expecting a seamless transfer - but it does not work like that . They told Sky they were leaving and so I guess Sky asked BTW  for the service to be turned off - a cease! ( I think the phone line is disconnected too)
Here's a bit more information about how this problem arose. The customer was with Sky who changed their terms and conditions which were unacceptable to them. So they decided to move to a new ISP and chose Plus  Net .
When they told Sky they were leaving apparently this resulted in Sky cancelling their account. I think this resulted in BT putting a cease order on the broadband service. This customer wasn't made aware by anybody at Sky or Plus Net that this would lead to a problem in placing a new order for broadband with Plus Net. No mention was made of it at all. But when a cease is put on a line a seamless migration transfer cannot take place.
The question is, if Plus Net were aware that there would be a delay or a problem as a result of  the cease  in placing an order for a new broadband service why did they not tell the customer? Or if they were not aware why not? Can it be that difficult to check?
The new customer gave PN their working email address and a mobile number which could've been used to send text messages. The customer received no updates & was not aware of any problems at all until Sky switched off their broadband service and a new service from Plus Net did not materialise as anticipated .
Only by ringing up and waiting for one hour and 30 minutes on hold did the customer eventually receive an explanation and this took another 40 minutes or so.!! This is another example of hopeless & ineffective communication systems with new and existing customers and  falls short of any acceptable standards.  Although PN  often does try to resolve issues afterwards why do they happen in the first place? This lack of communication,  causes so many problems difficulties irritations & annoyance. It places Plus Net in a very bad light & more should be done to keep customers informed of progress and any potential problems.
I appreciate this is not totally PN's fault but a solution could be worked out and more importantly, they could do more to keep customers informed!
perhaps by bringing this to the attention of PN staff they might be able to rectify this scenario. Ordinary customers are not going to know about such problems so I think PN have lost this customer unless they want to apologise for messing it up and fast track a new application .

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@gpsmout
Please PM me with the username and I'll do everything I can to help.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
runhare
Aspiring Pro

thanks Adam. I have PM'd you the customer user name
runhare
Aspiring Pro

to close this topic, there has been a successful outcome in the end and the customer's fibre connection has been actitivated today. Sometimes things DO eventually work out . Good news .
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's really good to hear gpsmout Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team