cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably the wrong place, but Help please

ardingly46
Dabbler

Probably the wrong place, but Help please

I have no phone connection and want to make a complaint on line. but cannot find how to get to Customer services.
This is my complaint
Over the past few weeks I have had recurring problems with loss of both, my phone connection and broadband connection.
Because some of the problems have been intermittent, numerous tickets have been raised..
These are 9293299, 9233203,93110765 and 93137944.
Yesterday, 15th, when everything was working normally, a BT engineer visited to fit fibre optic equipment.  He disconnected the old Plusnet router and connected a BT modem.
When he left I had a phone line OK, and with phone help from your support I obtained internet connection.
Having got on line, I realised that rather than speeding up, my connection was inordinately slow but I left this in the hope that it would pick up.
This morning I logged in to check and found that my download speed was 56K and on trying to phone support to discuss this, found I have no dialling tone and cannot use that method, so have added a note to the latest ticket.
As you can see, I have had  line problems for some time now, each time they appear to be sorted out they reoccur.
I have little faith in the ticket system now and need  reassurance that the problems will be sorted out with some indication that a positive fault has been identified and a permanent solution found, and  that the lack of speed problem will be sorted out.
Thank you
As an addition, I had confirmation from you that my appointment for the fibre engineer had been changed to 1-8PM, but when he arrived at 11AM he said that his work ticket was for 8AM- 1PM.  Presumably a BT messup, but it didn't help among all the other problems I have had
11 REPLIES 11
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Probably the wrong place, but Help please

if you want to make a complaint then it is the wrong place
see - http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
ardingly46
Dabbler

Quite right in theory but that does not lead me to customer services or customer relations ,just the opportunity to raise a ticket - which I cannot do because of all the problems. I need a url which will let me send a message to either of the above
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I have moved this to Feedback as it needs staff input and it is more obvious there
ardingly46
Dabbler

Thank you
ardingly46
Dabbler

Quite frustrated with supposed support - have just received a text
"Our suppliers have advised they located the fault affecting your line to an underground cable leading to the cabinet(GreenBox) this has now been corrected and your phone line should now be active. I believe this issue is resolved but please let us know if you experience any further problems"
Problem with that is on trying to respond I get "Invalid number"
What a mess, need to contact on line urgently
ardingly46
Dabbler

I see that "Customer relations" become involved in these discussions. Can someone from Customer Relations please read my original post and respond.
Last message on my latest ticket tells me all is fixed so I have had to respond that it is not. Does that send that ticket to the back of the queue?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi ardingly46,
You posted just as I was reading through your thread. Bear with me today and I'll make sure I get an update for you.
Matty

EDIT: I have gotten someone to update you on Ticket: 92584814.
Really sorry for the delay. I hope this gets resolved soon.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
kbturner
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Bare with me today ...

Invitation to visit a nudist camp?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Grin
Cheers for spotting that. I've just changed the wording.
@ardingly46 - Please don't take that the wrong way.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ardingly46
Dabbler

Matty, that "update" tells me that it has been put on hold until the 16th, which is today, but in the body it says that they expect an update within 72 hours.
This of course is only addressing the phone issue - my update on that is that at present my phone is OK, but  for how long - can you please look into what, if anything is being done about the less-than dial-up speed I am getting
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ardingly46,
Sorry to hear the issues persist. I can see that we rejected the clear back to BT Openreach and we are now awaiting a further update pending their investigation. When we're performing a line test the test is still coming back with a battery contact fault which means that your line is being affected by something external to your property. There are many different things that may be affecting your line but a few examples are:

• water/rain

• wire trimmings

• badly fitted joint

As soon as BT Openreach respond to the rejection we'll update Ticket: 92584814